Recommendations for AS Maths Edexcel

Watch
PeetaRJ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone recommend any good books with preferably the whole course for at least Edexcel AS Maths? My current Core Edexcel Oxford book is ****ing ****; insolvable questions with incorrect answers and even missing answers. The last straw was when it said the answer to (0-3)^2 was 1.
Prince Philip
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PeetaRJ)
Anyone recommend any good books with preferably the whole course for at least Edexcel AS Maths? My current Core Edexcel Oxford book is ****ing ****; insolvable questions with incorrect answers and even missing answers. The last straw was when it said the answer to (0-3)^2 was 1.
I recommend the endorsed Edexcel textbooks e.g. C1 as your primary textbooks.

As a supplementary textbook, this one is quite good. It's a bit older but has loads of questions and some extension questions that go beyond the topic. The questions in the endorsed textbook can be a bit samey.

Are you self-studying?
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The one made by Pearson is great imo.
PeetaRJ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by notnek)
I recommend the endorsed Edexcel textbooks e.g. C1 as your primary textbooks.

As a supplementary textbook, this one is quite good. It's a bit older but has loads of questions and some extension questions that go beyond the topic. The questions in the endorsed textbook can be a bit samey.

Are you self-studying?
I have classes but we all agreed that the book is extremely poor. I'm doing the same for Bio and Chem books as well, just using CGP as it works for me with Physics.
1010marina
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
CGP are by far the best

They have easy to understand plain English explanations, lots of diagrams and plenty of questions with FULL WORKED SOLUTIONS. The lack of worked solutions means that the Pearson books (which I liked the style of) were essentially useless to me. If you have a v good teacher with a lot of contact maybe that's not a problem for you

But I definitely recommend cpg (* they sell individual module student books for a level, not the revision guides you probably saw at GCSE)
Prince Philip
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PeetaRJ)
I have classes but we all agreed that the book is extremely poor. I'm doing the same for Bio and Chem books as well, just using CGP as it works for me with Physics.
Which book is extremely poor?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise