Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am considering taking on year 14 however i have a queery about previous tests.

lets say i go into year 14 does this meen that all the test's i do in year 13 (including retakes) are basicly thrown away and i just get another shot at the A2 YEAR?
    Or does it mean that i get an additional year to instead just improve all my tests whilst keeping any grade or pionts i did in the tests during year 13 if i do not do as well?
    cheers and thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    That's one hell of a question, i'm intrigued myself. Sorry to be no use whatsoever.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What the hell is year 14?

ReputationRep:
    Year 11, last year of high school.
    Year 12, first year of college.
    Year 13, 'Last' year of college.
    Year 14, people who do extra years.

ReputationRep:
    You have to decash your A level and you get to keep every module score and you can resit whatever ones you like, but your school might be really strict about what you can and can't do.

ReputationRep:
    uhm i unerstand what you meen and its has helped me alot to understand what i can do, however i dont know what you mean by 'decash'?

ReputationRep:
    Year 14 is looking like a very real possibility for me

ReputationRep:
    Simply any grades you have recieved this year you can keep or resit them if you want to next year. I know someone who did a year 14 and he did a lot better. Just remember that if you are on your second resit for any modules the result for the very first attempt of the exam for that module that you did will be discounted so if you do worse on you resits than you did on the very first attempt you will get a lower grade. I hope you haven't had to do a third year in sixth form though.

ReputationRep:
    That rule was taken away a few years ago, now you can sit an exam any number of times and your best result always counts.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.