Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey just seeing if anyone can give me a bit of advice here because I'm stressing a bit!..
    Basically, me best mate burned my GCSE certificates by leavin em on a candle! I was wondering if you can get away with just taking the sheet of paper with your results on or do u actually need the certificates? I really can't afford to pay £88.60 for 3 certifying statements of results for them and I really can't ask for the money from my mate because her family's going through money problems at the moment. It also takes upto 28 days to process the application so it's cutting it a bit fine.

I'm posting this on here just incase anyone has something reassuring advice at this hour, because I know the best thing would be to phone up Hudds Uni but I can't do that til tomorrow

Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember ever showing my certificates last year, certainly not my GCSE ones! Take whatever you can, though I think they'd be more bothered about your A-level results.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh u can use that slip because alot of people do gcse resits while doin their a-levels and they usually wudn't have their certs sent out b4 gettin to uni.

Plus, last yr i used that slip to register at uni cos i dont have my official gcse certs either.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you shouldn't need to show your certificates at all. Not even a statement of results.

Though as Tzara has said, take whatever you can, you can't go wrong with taking too much and finding out you may have left something that they ask for.

They definatly didnt ask me for anything. Probably so they can just whiz through all the applicants quickly and sort out your finance application so they get their money

EDIT:
    Just remembered the exact process involved. Line up walk in and fill some forms in, go into next room with a bit of paper, write down your GCSE and A level grades, hand paper in, walk to this other room, fill in another form if need be (i think this only applied to some people) then get your photograph taken there and then and hey prestro. application done.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.