Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to find out where I can view the LQR (Law Quarterly Review) online. I've tried the obvious places but so far without luck. Can anyone help me out on this?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it's available online. Sweet & Maxwell publish it, and their site's not much help.

ReputationRep:
    Doh! I've had the same problem with the Cambridge Law Journal in the past. Seems the 'big name' journals don't believe in the internet. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Doh! I've had the same problem with the Cambridge Law Journal in the past. Seems the 'big name' journals don't believe in the internet. :rolleyes:
    I think Oxford's one is on the web. Not too sure without checking though.

ReputationRep:
    Hein Online do the older LQRs.

http://heinonline.org/HOL/Welcome?collection=journals

ReputationRep:
    How do you access that site?

ReputationRep:
    I just realised it's not letting me in. I don't usually need a username or password so i'll have to get one...I guess it's just for Oxford students when we're on campus. =/ You could always contact them though and request for access to the site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    I just realised it's not letting me in. I don't usually need a username or password so i'll have to get one...I guess it's just for Oxford students when we're on campus. =/ You could always contact them though and request for access to the site.
    T
    hat's if they will allow non-Oxford students to do so. Several months ago I came across their additional criminal law students website and they stated that only Oxford students should attempt problems. I read through some of them and understood why they said that, there are just a few questions which may be distinct to their law legree course. There was nothing particularly hard about them though to only permit Oxford students doing them. So who knows....

Will contact them when I've settled in at university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    T
    hat's if they will allow non-Oxford students to do so. Several months ago I came across their additional criminal law students website and they stated that only Oxford students should attempt problems. I read through some of them and understood why they said that, there are just a few questions which may be distinct to their law legree course. There was nothing particularly hard about them though to only permit Oxford students doing them. So who knows....

Will contact them when I've settled in at university
    Good luck! I think it's quite unfair to allow only specific students to use their site...considering law courses are so similar in nature, everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite unfair to allow only specific students to use their site...considering law courses are so similar in nature, everywhere.
    Exactly, I have also been given some London questions to do before as well and they weren't that much different to Oxford's.

I seem to have typed a bit bad earlier, I meant to the additional criminal law revision questions http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0538/Addi...20Problems.htm

Please note that many of these problems are taken from or are based upon previous Oxford University Moderations and Final Honours School (FHS) Examination questions, as well as other Oxford University study materials. As such, they should only be used by students within Oxford University for study and revision purposes, and should not be reproduced by other users without prior permission.
    Funnily enough as I visited the site it was reproduced without prior permission simply by going on it

Good luck!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Exactly, I have also been given some London questions to do before as well and they weren't that much different to Oxford's.
    London? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    London? :confused:
    A law lecturer at my college has some University of London law questions on homicide and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Oh of course!!, sorry

ReputationRep:
    I need to find out where I can view the LQR (Law Quarterly Review) online. I've tried the obvious places but so far without luck. Can anyone help me out on this?
    Journals aren't charities, they tend to charge a subscription fee. Universities subscribe hence they have the journals in their libraries and allow their students to access them from the University network. If you're at home from Uni your Uni will probably still provide some access, Oxford uses a system called Athens where you can access with a password.

I'd imagine that most major Universites operate similarly to Oxford. If you don't have access your best bet is probably a public library or a nearby University library (if your Uni has a vacation sharing agreement).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by house badger)
    Journals aren't charities, they tend to charge a subscription fee. Universities subscribe hence they have the journals in their libraries and allow their students to access them from the University network. If you're at home from Uni your Uni will probably still provide some access, Oxford uses a system called Athens where you can access with a password.

I'd imagine that most major Universites operate similarly to Oxford. If you don't have access your best bet is probably a public library or a nearby University library (if your Uni has a vacation sharing agreement).
    Yes, my uni uses Athens. However, there are so many journal directories that branch off from it and they aren't clear as to which one has which journal. I had tried all the usual places and was still looking through ones on Athens that I don't normally use.

Anyway, I've paid a trip to my uni library and so my problem is solved.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my uni uses Athens. However, there are so many journal directories that branch off from it and they aren't clear as to which one has which journal. I had tried all the usual places and was still looking through ones on Athens that I don't normally use.

Anyway, I've paid a trip to my uni library and so my problem is solved.
    I think LQR may be one of the journals that isn't available online. Although Westlaw recently added a load more journals including Public Law so it might be available on there.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 2, 2004

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.