The Student Room Group

hi im looking for a EASY PHARMACY SCHOOL to study at after NOTTINGHAM DEPRESSION

hi i want to continue with my life because i have been depressed and at home for a long time after taking several gap years because i cant complete my course in the 3rd year of nottingham university.
I was wondering if there is a much easier school like i heard in bradford only the 3rd year and 4th year count?

I just want to finish my degree people ive had a rough 20+ time and im just trying my best to get back into normal routine.
I would aprreciate any help.
Reply 1
anyone
Reply 2
?????????????????????????
I think that pharmacy at any university would be intense regardless but saying that I've been to Bradford university a few times and it definitely has a relaxed feel about it. I'd say is visit the university a few times and speak to people already studying there to get some true insight.

Hope it turns out well for you.
Reply 4
Original post by James_Dunn
I think that pharmacy at any university would be intense regardless but saying that I've been to Bradford university a few times and it definitely has a relaxed feel about it. I'd say is visit the university a few times and speak to people already studying there to get some true insight.

Hope it turns out well for you.

hi they told me i have to start from year 1 im in third year notthingham-you think i should go back or transfer?
Original post by nile2333
hi they told me i have to start from year 1 im in third year notthingham-you think i should go back or transfer?

It's ultimately down to you. But honestly i wouldn't do that cause it seems like a waste of time.

pharmacy schools are really fussy about transfers, usually not because they're mean and want to make your life a misery but because most if not all pharmacy schools are all different in structure and what they teach/when. that's why most ask you to restart from year one if you wish to study at another uni. bearing that in mind though, I think you should definitely inquire - I've heard all sorts of horror stories about studying at notts in pharmacy from 'real' students so can understand the associated feelings
Reply 7
hi i want to continue with my life because i have been depressed and at home for a long time after taking several gap years because i cant complete my course in the 3rd year of nottingham university.
I was wondering if there is a much easier school like i heard in bradford only the 3rd year and 4th year count?

I just want to finish my degree people ive had a rough 20+ time and im just trying my best to get back into normal routine.
I would aprreciate any help.

UCL is super chill and they give SOO much support in terms of lecture notes, resources and material. I never go for lectures and everything is always online, the exams are only based on what they put on the notes online plus they give so many hints as to what things to learn for the exams etc which helps a lot too. would deffo recommend it if you wanna go to a chill but still elite uni. hope that helps.
Pharmacy courses, pre-reg and day to day pharmacy life in a busy community pharmacy are very stressful. Do you think it would be better for you from a mental health point of view to switch to a less demanding course and eventually career. There are very high stress levels at the moment in community pharmacy and with the cuts announced this week, this is only going to get worse, as companies will cut pay and hours to try to maintain profit levels. Also it is going to be much harder over the next few years to find a pre-reg and then eventually a job, simply as there are too many graduates now and not enough pharmacy jobs.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but out of genuine concern, as someone who suffered mental health problems myself, many years ago in my 20s, and the stress of community pharmacy didn't help.

What about discussing this with your personal tutor, and then maybe a general university counsellor? Maybe go and see the careers advisors at the uni. What about something more lab based, if you find dealing with people difficult? Pharmacology or bio-medical sci? Work out what your strengths and weaknesses are and try to find something that suits.
Trying to find an easier course may seem like an answer now, and it may help a bit, but you are really kicking the can down the road. All the very best for your future! Please private message me if you want to discuss in more detail.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a chronic mental health condition which made the Pharmacy degree (and job afterwards, but to a lesser extent) difficult. As someone who struggled, I can say with great confidence that there is no Pharmacy course out there which I would find easy; it wasn't hard because I was enrolled in a super mega difficult course, it was hard because I was fundamentally incompatible with the degree. Switching to another uni would not have changed that.

It's something to think about. I am empathetic to your depression, but there really isn't anything wrong with deciding that a particular career isn't for you - yes even after spending X years and Y money to do it. Failing at this one particular thing at this one particular point in time does not make you weak, does not make you stupid, and it does not make you a failure, these are words I really wish someone had told me in my first year when I was seriously considering leaving. But nope, instead I stuck at it.

I mean, if Pharmacy really is your dream, I don't think you should give up - but at the same time, I also think that it's not really worth the continual uphill battle to finish. Instead, look to see if there is something you're better suited to
(edited 7 years ago)
as someone who nearly killed myself because of my pharmacy degree and getting through pre-reg. I'd say stay away from pharmacy. Especially when you have a mental health issue that can put a lot of strain on you on top of the pressure from studying // working.

I'd advise tho if you still can (this post is 2 yr old), go back to pharmacy school for another year and inquire whether they'd be able to issue you a degree certificate. I enquired with my pharmacy school in my 4th year and they said they may be able to give me a BSc.

There are many things you can learn and do nowadays via the internet. With your time, find hobbies, make friends. Life is as wonderful as you make it. And this is your chance :smile:

If you do see this, please do update me what your path is now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending