College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University Applicants Thread 2017

Scroll to see replies

What course do you want to study at City University? - Optometry
Have you got any offers yet? If yes, what is your offer? - AAB or ABB if firm
What are you currently doing at A-Level (or equivalent)? - Maths, Biology, Chemistry
What grades are you predicted? - AAB
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by 1984vienna
Yeah offers from all but LSE. What about you - you heard from any others?

From King's and Manchester, awaiting Leeds and Warwick. What's your first choice if you don't get an offer from LSE?
Original post by kyledean99
From King's and Manchester, awaiting Leeds and Warwick. What's your first choice if you don't get an offer from LSE?

Not sure... thinking KIngs or SOAS but I havent visited Kings yet so I'll have to see it first before I decide
Not sure... thinking KIngs or SOAS but I havent visited Kings yet so I'll have to see it first before I decide

Are you the stereotypical Marxist SOAS student? 😉😂
Original post by kyledean99
Are you the stereotypical Marxist SOAS student? 😉😂

Well hopefully I'll be an LSE Marxist Student but we will just have to see
Well hopefully I'll be an LSE Marxist Student but we will just have to see

Are you from London or just wanna move there?
I study Economics, Statistics and Business Studies (Predicted A*AA) and because of great personal statement, I got offered ABB for Investment and financial risk management.

HELP >> I have an offer for 'Finance''at Durham for AAB. Which one should i go for. PLEASE
Reply 87
Original post by alexplant17
I study Economics, Statistics and Business Studies (Predicted A*AA) and because of great personal statement, I got offered ABB for Investment and financial risk management.

HELP >> I have an offer for 'Finance''at Durham for AAB. Which one should i go for. PLEASE

I also have offers for both so would be interested to see what people say. However,i am leaning more towards city due to its connections in the city and location. The finance course at durham is also not at the main university campus which is putting me off slightly.
Original post by hjbull
I also have offers for both so would be interested to see what people say. However,i am leaning more towards city due to its connections in the city and location. The finance course at durham is also not at the main university campus which is putting me off slightly.

Yes,I agree with the course not being at the same campus, but that is only for the first year, then they are relocating it into the city campus. That is why I am leaning towards City as it has good job progression after study. I was considering going to Durham for undergraduate and then doing a full time postgraduate for a year in City, then I would have best of both.
Reply 89
Anyone else received any offers yet?
Reply 90
Original post by alexplant17
Me too,

What courses do you study and what where your predicted grades.
Also, I'm sure that there will be people on your course or in your accommodation which will want to go for a night out. But I have heard that this is a uni for mature students. But I am putting it down as my firm, just because of job prospects after studying under and postgraduate.

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, my predicted grades are A*A*in geography, economics and I've already achieved an A in mathematics A-level. Thats pretty much the same reason why i might put it as my firm too, but i haven't heard back from all my unis yet.
Reply 91
Original post by UWS
You'll be fine, Cass is better for social life than City anyway :smile:

But isn't cass a part of city uni? :/
Reply 92
Original post by shivx
But isn't cass a part of city uni? :/

Sure they are, but they have their own social events. I guess they want to 'separate' themselves from the main uni.
Reply 93
Original post by UWS
Sure they are, but they have their own social events. I guess they want to 'separate' themselves from the main uni.

Oh thats great, i was unaware that they did that :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by Hamo2509
I'm a 2nd year on this course! If you want any more info send me a message.

Hi, I'm currently studying Economics, Geography and Sociology with predicted grades of C B A. I'm also doing EPQ where I'm predicted an A. Just before Christmas, I applied for Investment and Financial Risk and also for Management as a backup. Do you think I'll get an offer? Also, are you studying abroad for a year? Thanks
Original post by mateiuk
Hi, I'm currently studying Economics, Geography and Sociology with predicted grades of C B A. I'm also doing EPQ where I'm predicted an A. Just before Christmas, I applied for Investment and Financial Risk and also for Management as a backup. Do you think I'll get an offer? Also, are you studying abroad for a year? Thanks

I have no idea if you'll get an offer tbh, it depends on more than your grades. Nope, I'm not doing a year abroad.
Reply 96
Original post by Hamo2509
I have no idea if you'll get an offer tbh, it depends on more than your grades. Nope, I'm not doing a year abroad.

Can I ask what a levels and grades you have. There is a requirement for A in GCSE maths but I got a C, should I apply somewhere else?
Original post by mateiuk
Can I ask what a levels and grades you have. There is a requirement for A in GCSE maths but I got a C, should I apply somewhere else?

I didn't do A Levels, I did a different qualification and achieved the equivalent of 3 As in business management. I also had an A in GCSE maths. As it's a BSc and the maths content is really high, you'd struggle if you only got a C and didn't do maths A Level.
Original post by wifty
Anyone else applied for law? I have a conditional offer of 29 IB points. :smile:

I got an offer for Law BBB !!
Did anyone applied for computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending