Still haven't received full driving licence from DVLA Watch

This discussion is closed.
samcp21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I passed my practical driving test on the 4th of this month and still have yet to receive my driving licence in the post, it's coming up close to the 3 week waiting period that they state on the certificate so I'm getting a bit frustrated that it's taking so long.

Has anyone else's taken as long as this? Most of my friends got theirs in 2 weeks or less.

Thanks for the help.
Luneth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It can take up to 3 weeks. Don't worry about it so much, if it doesn't show up then just call them and it'll get sorted, it's not as if you don't have evidence of your pass.
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samcp21)
Hello, I passed my practical driving test on the 4th of this month and still have yet to receive my driving licence in the post, it's coming up close to the 3 week waiting period that they state on the certificate so I'm getting a bit frustrated that it's taking so long.

Has anyone else's taken as long as this? Most of my friends got theirs in 2 weeks or less.

Thanks for the help.
I would wait until the waiting period was up and then phone. They may have a lot to issue/reissue right now and aren't as quick as they usually are. Although, if you are concerned you could still phone them up and ask about it - just note that there is the possibility that they ask that you wait and phone back once the three week waiting period is over.
samcp21
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmmaCx)
I would wait until the waiting period was up and then phone. They may have a lot to issue/reissue right now and aren't as quick as they usually are. Although, if you are concerned you could still phone them up and ask about it - just note that there is the possibility that they ask that you wait and phone back once the three week waiting period is over.
They did exactly that, called them earlier today and they basically said they couldn't help me until after the 3 weeks is up.
samcp21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luneth)
It can take up to 3 weeks. Don't worry about it so much, if it doesn't show up then just call them and it'll get sorted, it's not as if you don't have evidence of your pass.
Yeah I'm not overly worried since I have my certificate and what not, would just be nice to have it official lol.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Thanks for the help.
To confirm, you did hand over your old licence, right?
samcp21
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
To confirm, you did hand over your old licence, right?
yep, the examiner took it off me as soon as I had passed and said I will receive my licence within 20 working days.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yep, the examiner took it off me as soon as I had passed and said I will receive my licence within 20 working days.
Just making sure :')

It's a busy period for the DVLA this time of year, so it is to be expected that the wait times could hit or even overshoot the estimate.
ABDUL777
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hay i am having the same issue its been 15 days now and the lady said they are really busy in this period of time i think thats the reason they are this much long
Leigh542
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm waiting for mine too was 2 weeks today
Leigh542
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And I need it for Thursday as I'm supposed to be picking a car up ! And they need to see it don't know what to do
Leigh542
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did u get yours back if so how long did it take ?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Leigh542)
And I need it for Thursday as I'm supposed to be picking a car up ! And they need to see it don't know what to do
No one needs to see your driving license for you to pick up a car; that is ridiculous. You just need a valid insurance certificate.
Leigh542
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No one needs to see your driving license for you to pick up a car; that is ridiculous. You just need a valid insurance certificate.
I think it's because I've got the car on finance
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it's because I've got the car on finance
You can access your driving license records through the DVLA website.
Leigh542
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can access your driving license records through the DVLA website.
I keep checking on there but it haven't been updated still says I've got a provisional
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I keep checking on there but it haven't been updated still says I've got a provisional
You have the pass certificate, and the DVLA check code to prove you have no points. That's all you need.
Leigh542
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fingers crossed they will accept that ! I'm dying to get my car
Mealos
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The advices I see here are based on the assumption that DVLA updates the licence details right after you pass your driving test. On the contrary: I have appeared to have a "provisional driving licence" in the online DVLA records for 14 days after the exam.

I have made an online inquiry the day before, their answer came in 2 days saying it may take up to 4 weeks more till I receive it in the post. I am still waiting for my driving licence by the way (today it's 15th day following the exam)
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mealos)
The advices I see here are based on the assumption that DVLA updates the licence details right after you pass your driving test. On the contrary: I have appeared to have a "provisional driving licence" in the online DVLA records for 14 days after the exam.

I have made an online inquiry the day before, their answer came in 2 days saying it may take up to 4 weeks more till I receive it in the post. I am still waiting for my driving licence by the way (today it's 15th day following the exam)
This is why they issue pass certificates as evidence of your status...
X
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.41%
Pop (214)
24.68%
Jazz (33)
3.81%
Classical (48)
5.54%