Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if we get shared accommodation would we be able to contact our room mates before the course starts? e.g. so we dont both bring TVs etc etc

ReputationRep:
    The freshers' ball; is it formal dress or... what!? I have no clue whatsoever!

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Apparently. Which kind of sucks.
    Not that I particularly love formal but because they shouldnt really be calling it a Ball otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    No.
    Apparently. Which kind of sucks.
    Not that I particularly love formal but because they shouldnt really be calling it a Ball otherwise.
    :eek: Oh...! I expected it to be formal from the name too! That's weird .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    if we get shared accommodation would we be able to contact our room mates before the course starts? e.g. so we dont both bring TVs etc etc
    Im sure that I have heard about that as well. I think you both get the option and if you both agree then they put you in contact, cant remember where I read it though sorry

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so many people, hopefully you'll all be coming to the (to be organised) TSR meetup?

ReputationRep:
    I will! Who's organising it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    lol i can imagine us all standing together and then someone walks up and asks us if we were from the same school and wed be like: nah...we all know each other from a student forum..

*witnesses everyone slowly step away from the TSR group*

haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    lol i can imagine us all standing together and then someone walks up and asks us if we were from the same school and wed be like: nah...we all know each other from a student forum..

*witnesses everyone slowly step away from the TSR group*

haha.
    :tsr2: geeks (and proud!)

ReputationRep:
    Damn straight :P

(Original post by srslysweets)
    The freshers' ball; is it formal dress or... what!? I have no clue whatsoever!
    It's not formal no. Not sure why they bother to call it a 'freshers ball'. Probably just to make the distinction between that and all the other nights. People do make more of an effort to dress up than they normally would though. Most girls opt to wear some sort of dress and guys to wear nice trousers and a shirt.

ReputationRep:
    The Freshers ball is at the end of the year isnt it?

(Original post by MademoiselleMaryam)
    The Freshers ball is at the end of the year isnt it?
    The freshers ball is during freshers fortnight.

At the end of the year there is Final Fling which is primarily aimed at Finalists.

Through out the year there will be formal events. Those living in the Rootes area (Rootes., International House, Whitefields and Benefactors) will have the Rootes Ball. There is the Sports Fed ball, the Law Ball and the Drama Ball to name some others...

ReputationRep:
    The full list of freshers events, what they are and when is on the Students Union Entertainments website.

ReputationRep:
    haha well if any of you TSR geeks () plan to talk to me using my forum name you pronounce it separately...i.e: a-b-r-p...not "abrap"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    The freshers ball is during freshers fortnight.

At the end of the year there is Final Fling

Ahhaaa yes thats what I was on about.
    ooh anyways, sounds good I cant wait for freshers fortnight

ReputationRep:
    does anyone actually have the NUS card yet? i went on their website but only found the option to register an existing card...which i dont have yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    It's not formal no.
    It wasnt?!?!

I went in full tux, no idea what others were wearing, had had a few too many beers :P

ReputationRep:
    ^ lol

(Original post by abrp)
    does anyone actually have the NUS card yet? i went on their website but only found the option to register an existing card...which i dont have yet
    I think the uni card doubles as the NUS card. Along with a million other things! We'll get that at the start of term.

(Original post by castroneves)
    It wasnt?!?!

I went in full tux, no idea what others were wearing, had had a few too many beers :P
    The freshers ball I went to wasn't what I would call formal. I don't recall anyone I went with going as far as full tux rather smart trousers and a nice shirt.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.