The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

i got my welcome pack with CDs etc. now to contact the local council/LEA /w.e. because they spelt my surname wrong on all the forms.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 261
MademoiselleMaryam
Possibly. I think we share the World Politics module. Yey another person I found!! Hows it going?

:biggrin: yay! Its going very slowly :p: bored of the holidays now! How about you?
Reply 262
Wow, just found out about the Festival of Sport

During these three days all of the sports facilities on campus will be free of charge to allow students and staff to try out all of the facilities.

:biggrin: hope I find some people who can help make the most of this!
Reply 263
Has anyone submitted a photo yet for their uni card?
i haven't had a haircut in 3 months...so im waiting for my appointment with Tony & Guy on Wednesday (although might have to carry it over to Friday) before i do it...i look like a total mess :biggrin:
Reply 265
Serenity
Has anyone submitted a photo yet for their uni card?

Yehhhh I have, it looks like a prison mugshot though :eek: :rolleyes:
Reply 266
tomdav
Yehhhh I have, it looks like a prison mugshot though :eek: :rolleyes:

Lol. Did you upload it online? Was it a photo you scanned in?

You know if you upload it online: Do you think you could just take a picture from a web cam and that would suffice?
Reply 267
Serenity

You know if you upload it online: Do you think you could just take a picture from a web cam and that would suffice?

No I went for the old fashioned method of paper and stamps. :p:

I reckon that if you have a good webcam and can get a white background then it should be fine yeh :biggrin: Im sure they will contact you if not, it doesnt exactly have to be a big high quality pic anyway.
Reply 268
Serenity

Should be OK, my picture is a standard photo booth passport-esque picture but it doesn't have to be, Warwick aren't too fussed provided the face takes priority.
tomdav
:biggrin: yay! Its going very slowly :p: bored of the holidays now! How about you?

Its going goooood. I'm enjoying the hols and not doing anything - but at the same time I'm dying for uni to start!!! hehe

Do we get some sort of booklet or anything that tells us of everything happening on Freshers fortnight?
i wonder if they will accept any old "look at me im drunk and im doing that very annoying finger under the chin pretending to be smart" facebook picture :biggrin:
Reply 271
abrp
i wonder if they will accept any old "look at me im drunk and im doing that very annoying finger under the chin pretending to be smart" facebook picture :biggrin:

Ooo. I have one of those. I'll submit it if you do :p:
done :ninja:
Reply 273
MademoiselleMaryam
Its going goooood. I'm enjoying the hols and not doing anything - but at the same time I'm dying for uni to start!!! hehe

Do we get some sort of booklet or anything that tells us of everything happening on Freshers fortnight?

Ummm I think we get a Union Magazine telling us about all the events and stuff after we enrol, Im not totally sure though.
Serenity
Ooo. I have one of those. I'll submit it if you do :p:

Oh snap.

Me too, you guys. That's pretty much my standard drunken pose, currently being used for facebook.
My first attempt at a student card photo has highlighted the fact that I really need a shave
Went and got photo done in a photobooth today. Turned out to be a right mugshot, no way I'm using them for my student card!!
this might sound a bit stupid...but...what do we carry to lectures with us / on a day to day basis?

@ school i used to carry all of my daily books + text books with me to each lesson (so 3-4 note books and 3-4 text books)...but at Uni...i take it we wont be required to bring text books with us (especially seeing as most of them seem to be 600 + pages long)...

so i take it a note pad of paper / a file with all your notes etc is enough? especially if we return to our room after most of them?

its just im currently looking for a bag for my new laptop and need to know what type it should be :p:
Reply 278
BelowPar
Wow, just found out about the Festival of Sport

During these three days all of the sports facilities on campus will be free of charge to allow students and staff to try out all of the facilities.

:biggrin: hope I find some people who can help make the most of this!

Bring it on!

And is there a size limit on the size of picture submitted or will they just shrink it down?
And does it have to be a certain width/height ration then?
Reply 279
Chrrye
Bring it on!

And is there a size limit on the size of picture submitted or will they just shrink it down?
And does it have to be a certain width/height ration then?

When u upload ur photo, it will automatically shrinks ur photo down to fit the required size. They also have some samples on the site just log in and check them out. They didnt mention about the exact width n height though.

Latest