University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Accomodation offers are out!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
what did you get chrrye? and how do i know my username? did warwick send us one or do we have to enrol to get one?
aza484
I'm not bluffing, cos I'm at warwick, so I know a bit about it. Freshers passport gets you event entry and queue jump to everything in the union in the first fortnight. and almost everyone i knew had one, and if they dont they can buy one from Advance when you get there anyway. Its worth it.

Platinum card is not for 3 years, its for just this year. Thats why its not worth it.

What had me had as it were was the fact that the union kept slashing its entry prices. Had I realised this would happen I would have realised the platium card was certainly not the value I first thought it was, despite going to the union allot. Think I just about broke even in the end.
Reply 303
I'm in Rootes! :cool:

And yes...this is another...enrol earlier than they said to find out stuff thing..

i'm sure they must have intended ppl to do it early if theyr giving out accomodation and emails and stuff.
Reply 304
LLB Law~
I still refuse to believe there are only two people doing my course (English and French).
thedochoratio
I still refuse to believe there are only two people doing my course (English and French).

I initially applied for that but the English department didnt want me and the French did. They told me that that course had been particularly popular, and I wasnt as strong as the other candidates (for the English side anyway)
castroneves
What had me had as it were was the fact that the union kept slashing its entry prices. Had I realised this would happen I would have realised the platium card was certainly not the value I first thought it was, despite going to the union allot. Think I just about broke even in the end.

They've cut the price by £50...I reckon if we'd have gone to Score every week, it would have been more worth it. The queue jumping came in handy though :P
But on the downside with that plan, we would have had to go to score every week :P. As for the queue jump, you mean the whole 3 times we used it lol. Its all very well having it but while all my friends are queuing outside what am I going to do inside on my own aside from get so drunk I get thrown out or something(which has never happened to me, at Warwick SU anyway :P) Which would have been very expensive and (most of the time) a wasted night. Besides the very few occasions when I felt like drinking myself into a grave I found the grad was closer and sold a vaster and stronger range of beverages :P
Reply 309
Anyone already got / getting tickets for this freshers ball?

And will anyone be investing in that £45 for the first 2 weeks of mayhem?
Freshers ball is a bit overpriced in my opinion...although you everyone goes, so you cant really miss it. Get a platinum card and you get a champagne and caviar thing beforehand.
Westwood :cool:
I definitely wanna go to Freshers Ball. I'm just wondering whether its worth it to buy the Freshers Passport.
Also, when/where can we get the Freshers ball tickets from?
Reply 313
MademoiselleMaryam
I definitely wanna go to Freshers Ball. I'm just wondering whether its worth it to buy the Freshers Passport.
Also, when/where can we get the Freshers ball tickets from?

You can register onto the Student Union website on Monday, so when you do you will have the option to buy tickets online (I did this for almost all events I went to last year). If you want to leave it to later, you can buy in person in Advance, which is a shop inside the Student Union. There is a limit on tickets that can be sold (the Union capacity is only 1200 or something like that) but I got mine in person on the 3rd day there so don't panic.
Reply 314
HearTheThunder
Westwood :cool:

good man
Quinion
You can register onto the Student Union website on Monday, so when you do you will have the option to buy tickets online (I did this for almost all events I went to last year). If you want to leave it to later, you can buy in person in Advance, which is a shop inside the Student Union. There is a limit on tickets that can be sold (the Union capacity is only 1200 or something like that) but I got mine in person on the 3rd day there so don't panic.

At the moment the SU registration thing requires uni card number and 'full code' number... will we only need the former on Monday? iConfuse :redface:
Reply 316
HearTheThunder
At the moment the SU registration thing requires uni card number and 'full code' number... will we only need the former on Monday? iConfuse :redface:

Freshers registration will only require uni number and date of birth :smile:
Whats everyone going to wear for the Freshers ball then?

(as i'll probably be getting a free ticket out of freshers helpers)
timekeeper

Well I was planning to wear my tux again, but *someone* informeed me that I was infact overdressed last year. Generic shirt and trousers is the way forward i think.
Reply 319
timekeeper

I was going to wear some smart casual jeans and shirt. Hopefully that will be ok, doubt anyone will notice after a few drinks anyway :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending