Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yay. Finally enrolled. BTW, I love your sig HearTheThunder. Peep Show is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    fresher's t-shirts
    From what I read, just when you get there. They'll probably be hard to miss

ReputationRep:
    ive just been made admin of JM facebook group...except theres 3 of us...

*plots coup*

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the freshers shirts are purchased when we get there (for £5?)

ReputationRep:
    no...they passed on admin status to other people. i got made one of JM along with 2 other people:cool: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow Bentines)
    Yay. Finally enrolled. BTW, I love your sig HearTheThunder. Peep Show is awesome.
    :ditto: soooo true

(Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Where do we get freshers t-shirts? :eek:
    Last year they were being sold in the cooler. Get there early if you want one in a decent size (ie not the size of a pea or the size of a house) because I remember last year people going late on to be told only size XXXL was left.

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys planning on putting up photos? I'm guessing there's no point in using frames because we're not allowed to put stuff on the wall right?

ReputationRep:
    pins? something has to hold my two 5 by 3 foot flags.

ReputationRep:
    Pins, and use the desk lot for photos

ReputationRep:
    Blue tac?

I put up my photos with blue tac on the walls/door and used pins for the giant board.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a cork board in new rootes rooms?

And can someone clarify whats going on with the insurance? I heard it was only £500 cover on a single item....

(Original post by Forté)

And can someone clarify whats going on with the insurance? I heard it was only £500 cover on a single item....
    Yep new rootes had massive cork boards that are floor to ceiling for part of one wall. You can fit lots and lots on them.

ReputationRep:
    http://endsleigh.co.uk/halls
    The insurance policy there says a lot more than I saw. On the contract you can get from Warwick, it doesn't say anything about £500 in a single term.

ReputationRep:
    Some insurance is included, which you can upgrade or something...

ReputationRep:
    how do u get the address of halls for the endsleigh thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forté)
    The boards in New Rootes are poitively enormous...as in, *this* big (image below).
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    can some one explain how the kitchens are used?
    it says there are 11-13 ppl per kitchen in JM.

so how big are they? are we expected to take turns in cooking? how does it work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    can some one explain how the kitchens are used?
    it says there are 11-13 ppl per kitchen in JM.

so how big are they? are we expected to take turns in cooking? how does it work?
    JM kitchens seemed reasonably spacious to me, there was slightly less cupboard space per person than I had in Rootes though JM's did also have the advantage of being lockable. How you go about cooking is entirely up to you and those on your corridor - some prefer to cook for themselves, others negotiate between themselves about making big meals or taking turns or whatever. You certainly won't be expected to take turns in cooking though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.