Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any events £5 or over require registration, any others you can just show up. Basically it guaruntees free entry evry union night.

ReputationRep:
    Question for non freshers: what did you all actually do on the weekends?

(Original post by Forté)
    Question for non freshers: what did you all actually do on the weekends?
    During the day:
    Sleep, do some work, go to tesco, sit around and watch stuff on 4oD, make some cakes, TSR, facebook, go into Leam or Cov

At Night:
    Go to the union or Leam or Cov on a Saturday or the grad or RAG quiz on Sundays or just stay in with a dvd

ReputationRep:
    where can i find all the doos and don'ts of accomdation? ive re-read every booklet and every bookmarked link i have but i still can't find a definitive list of things we are allowed and aren't. maybe im just missing it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dino :yy: I guess all the wild partying goes on during the week lol.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday night is usually quite a wild party, more so than friday nights, which the union doesn't really put much of an effort into. Weekends for me is all about sleeping and trying to get problem sheets done. In term three we started to go to the rag quiz, which is very good.

ReputationRep:
    wow! i just phoned accommodation to ask if i was allowed a printer in my room (since apparently electrical appliances are banned for our own safety :rolleyes:) and the woman was so rude! she kept cutting of my sentences with "yea..yea ok ok" and then just hung up.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: im going to bring one anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    wow! i just phoned accommodation to ask if i was allowed a printer in my room (since apparently electrical appliances are banned for our own safety :rolleyes:) and the woman was so rude! she kept cutting of my sentences with "yea..yea ok ok" and then just hung up.
    Weird. Well you can bring a printer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    good. how else am i going to be able to spread my political manifestos etc around Jack Martin?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I think any electrical appliance which heats is banned, other than that you can have whatever you like, unless they've changed there rules.

ReputationRep:
    Got a freshers passport...cant seem to sign up for the events in the same way that there is a platinum option (£0.00)? Do I need to?
    And yes the event is hosted by the union and is in the first 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it doesnt come with that privelige. Thats the impression i got here anyway. Clarification would be nice.

Adding to to what Mr. Chrrye just said, where can i get my warwick card number so i can register? They said it was on the front of some magazine but i didnt get one strangely...

And does anyone know just how much we are actually saving, in getting a freshers passport?

ReputationRep:
    You should get the required number on enrolment tho as you say it has also been on your offer letter from Warwick and the recent magazine sent by the SU...
    You'd then use that 7 digit number to register at the SU here.
    You can then buy tickets / passes etc.

And the saving depends on how much you go out. You make the worth-it decision now by guesstimating how much you will go out in fresher's week(s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    You should get the required number on enrolment tho as you say it has also been on your offer letter from Warwick and the recent magazine sent by the SU...
    You'd then use that 7 digit number to register at the SU here.
    You can then buy tickets / passes etc.

And the saving depends on how much you go out. You make the worth-it decision now by guesstimating how much you will go out in fresher's week(s)
    ah i see, cheers for that. Just glad i have somebody in the know doing the same course as me

ReputationRep:
    if we dont have any lectures on the day (left) or any kind of tutorial etc...are we allowed to leave Warwick for the rest of the day? its my mums Birthday midweek in October and i was thinking of giving her a surprise visit....wont get in trouble right? i was told you cant do this at Cambridge ?

ReputationRep:
    lol, of course you can do that! I mean I have no source that says this but I find it a little silly if you wouldnt be able to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    if we dont have any lectures on the day (left) or any kind of tutorial etc...are we allowed to leave Warwick for the rest of the day? its my mums Birthday midweek in October and i was thinking of giving her a surprise visit....wont get in trouble right? i was told you cant do this at Cambridge ?
    Of course you can! You can leave for days on end if you want, it isn't school after all.

If you can't do that at Cambridge that's actually frankly worrying.

ReputationRep:
    good to know. Well my Cambridge source might not be the most reliable despite studying there

hehe...now i just hope my mum doesn't go "you do know its my birthday tomorrow?" cause that will just ruin everything. hopefully she thinks i wont come and then it will make it more special :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.