Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by castroneves)
    Ah god no not Grease, I cant stand that film.....or the 'music' within it. Ach
    At least there will be no Grease this year Actually, are they showing a film at the freshers ball this year? Despite what they showed last year it was a rather cool idea.

ReputationRep:
    i met Serenity yesterday i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    i met Serenity yesterday i think.
    Yeah you did. I was drunk and at Rootes..

ReputationRep:
    What happened? Or daren't I ask...

ReputationRep:
    god we went so MENTAL in the Union today @ Cholo!
    did anyone else see the Russians? I was the guy with the Russian flag (shouting profanities at my English friend at the end of the match lol )

ReputationRep:
    oh another question guys...i have a platinum card...but most of my friends dont. Am i allowed to bring a "guest" to the front of the queue who already has a ticket + nus card? The process of queuing in the often cold weather is quite annoying

ReputationRep:
    Were you the same guy out in leam trying to rip the front off a condom machine in I think it was Willoughbys? :/

ReputationRep:
    i havent been out of Campus yet....went to a Russian house party near Tescos if that counts :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    oh another question guys...i have a platinum card...but most of my friends dont. Am i allowed to bring a "guest" to the front of the queue who already has a ticket + nus card? The process of queuing in the often cold weather is quite annoying
    95% sure you can't. Otherwise I would've been doing it all last year.

Still, we put up with worse weather last year...

ReputationRep:
    TSR Meetup, be there people!

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or has the Union been **** for Top B, Ulive and most recently Flirt? whenever ive been there after the first 2 weeks its always seemed empty...

ReputationRep:
    last night was the worst night Ive been in the union, it was awful.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone see me and my friend at the Graduate bar yesterday? We were the only 2 ppl cheering for South Africa throughout the whole game....we sat near the foosball table...and left very quickly after South Africa won :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you supported Arsenal and were [for some reason] sat in the Chelsea end of Arsenal v Chelsea you'd keep your cheers to yourself. Similarly, when you're in a country you cheer on that country's team, or you don't cheer on any team at all. [Unless the bar is full of people supporting your country's team obviously, like if it's a Russian bar or something]. If I were in South Africa yesterday, in a bar full of South Africans, I would obviously have been supporting England, but I would have kept my damn mouth shut, and would expect others in that situation to do the same. It's just not on to be so boldly cheering on the opposition.

ReputationRep:
    :dito:
    Not cool.

ReputationRep:
    What was Bodger and Badger like?

ReputationRep:
    I would obviously have been supporting England, but I would have kept my damn mouth shut, and would expect others in that situation to do the same. It's just not on to be so boldly cheering on the opposition.
    I don't have any problem with people cheering on their own side if they're in a significant minority. There were at least half a dozen south africans in the cooler last night; who were having great fun cheering and laughing at the game. To be quite honest, it was lovely that they were there (I was standing right in front of half of them), because of their good-natured humour and obvious enthusiasm, which was infectious. The most heart-warming part of the night was the general applause that went up at the end of the game .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timekeeper)
    What was Bodger and Badger like?

(Original post by abrp)
    Nice answer:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    Somehow doesn't come as any surprise at all. Though now we've had 2 Saturdays in a row of watching the rugby we're going to have to develop new plans for Sat evening entertainment, I hate town clubs at the weekends and so far Flirt reports have come back pretty negative.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.