The Student Room Group

Does Computer Science count as a Science subject?

I have seen universities that ask for one science related subject, will computer science count? or is it just biology etc.
Original post by MrNobody123
I have seen universities that ask for one science related subject, will computer science count? or is it just biology etc.

The clue is in the name bro

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
It has 'science' in the name, so I would assume so.
Reply 3
I mean are they referring to to more traditional science subjects? e.g Biology, Chemistry and Physics
I mean are they referring to to more traditional science subjects? e.g Biology, Chemistry and Physics

Which universities are you looking at in particular and for which course?

Ask them directly. For some courses they'll accept a broad range, for others they'll be picky.
Reply 6
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Which universities are you looking at in particular and for which course?

I was looking at geography at Newcastle
I was looking at geography at Newcastle

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/f800/#entryrequirements
"AAB-ABB including Geography and at least one science-related subject from Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geology."

Computer Science isn't on the list I'm afraid.
The BA Geography doesn't specify any science subjects and the first year modules are identical - you could contact them and ask about the possibility of applying to the BA but swapping to the BSc after a year if your physical geography results are good enough.
Reply 8
[QUOTE=PQ;68138896]http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/f800/#entryrequirements
"AAB-ABB including Geography and at least one science-related subject from Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geology."

Computer Science isn't on the list I'm afraid.
The BA Geography doesn't specify any science subjects and the first year modules are identical - you could contact them and ask about the possibility of applying to the BA but swapping to the BSc after a year if your physical geography results are good enough.

Thanks for the help. I might contact them at some point

Quick Reply

Latest