The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why are there people who seem to think 16 is not an adult? You can pay taxes, go in the armed forces, have children, get married etc at that age!
Reply 21
Jamie Frost

I'm 18 at the moment, and I would personally be uncomfortable going out with anyone more than a year younger or older than me.

I totally agree - and it's for that reason that I see most relationships of this nature as the younger half being taken advantage of. I'm not, obviously, applying my feelings to everybody else, but honestly, what can a 25-year old man find so great about a (possibly pre-pubescant) 15-year old girl? And think about how things change when you have large gaps in age. Imagine two 25-year olds get drunk and decide to film themselves having sex. That's pretty normal. A 25-year old and a 15-year old? Uh hu. Yes. Great.

Another thing that heavily influences my opinions on this is my girlfriend. She's 19, and insanely, insanley, insanely attractive (she is genuinly the most beautiful person I've ever seen). And it pretty much feels that, when we go out, the eyes of every guy, be he 20, 25 or 35 are on her. While I do feel threatened by that (although not much), it also makes me take sides in discussion like this because I see them as predatory, I suppose. When we were 16, on the way home from school, workmen whould whistle at her. Teachers looked down her top. She shouldn't have to put up with that.
NDGAARONDI
Why are there people who seem to think 16 is not an adult? You can pay taxes, go in the armed forces, have children, get married etc at that age!

Because it's NOT an adult. You are still undergoing puberty! - your hormones are flying about, you are physically still growing. There was a programme on this a few weeks ago, and it has proven people do not 'think' before they carry out critical actions around this uncontrollable age. People need to undergo INDEPENDENCE before they are capable of maturing to a degree where they can make more accurate moral choices. INDEPENDENCE ranges from working full-time, or the better and more obvious - going to University looking after yourself!
Well, as long as both of them are consenting adults, it really should matter not what age they are.
Reply 24
i went out with a 24 year old girl when i was 17. although that was more of a business arrangement to aid both of our careers :biggrin:
Reply 25
My boyfriend is 28 and i'm 19. We've been together nearly two and a half years. And we're happy. So there. :tongue:
Reply 26
Sarky
My boyfriend is 28 and i'm 19. We've been together nearly two and a half years. And we're happy. So there. :tongue:

well i prefer the more mature lady (mid 20s) with money, flash cars and luxury appartments :biggrin: - there's something attractively ambitious about young female execs (NB: 'more mature' has an upper limit of 29!)
Reply 27
timeofyourlife
well i prefer the more mature lady (mid 20s) with money, flash cars and luxury appartments :biggrin: - there's something attractively ambitious about young female execs (NB: 'more mature' has an upper limit of 29!)

Yeah i was hoping for a sugar daddy. But he's less mature than me and i have more money :rolleyes: . I think i did it wrong!
Reply 28
Sarky
Yeah i was hoping for a sugar daddy. But he's less mature than me and i have more money :rolleyes: . I think i did it wrong!

or he did it right :wink:
Reply 29
timeofyourlife
or he did it right :wink:

Lol he doesn't get any of my money! I don't have much he just has less!
NDGAARONDI

You can only get married with your parents' permission. Legally they are still responsible for you and therefore you are not an adult. And anyway - trust me, 16 is not adult. I don't feel like an adult now, even though I am one legally; but even so looking back at me and my friends when we were 16... like I said before, there are a lot of things you think you know. It takes something quite big to make you realise how little you do, in fact, know and understand. I came to earth with a painful bang and I'd rather other people didn't go through the same crapness, hence the warning; I'd never stop them though.
Sarky

I'll be 28 next year... Know any nice single 18yr olds..?

Tee hee.. :tongue:
polthegael

What? You're single? What's your ex-grilfriend's (the one you spoke of in the big girls nice thread) mobile number again? :tongue:

Hope I got that correct :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
What? You're single? What's your ex-grilfriend's (the one you spoke of in the big girls nice thread) mobile number again? :tongue:

Hope I got that correct :biggrin:

Me not single...! QTKT is mine, all mine..! :biggrin:

I'd give you my wife's, but I don't know it... :rolleyes:
polthegael
Me not single...! QTKT is mine, all mine..! :biggrin:

I'd give you my wife's, but I don't know it... :rolleyes:

QTKT stands for? With all these abbreviations I see it's hard to keep up. Just learnt AFAIK :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
QTKT stands for?

Say it out loud one letter at a time...
polthegael
Say it out loud one letter at a time...

Oh very funny :tongue:
Reply 37
polthegael

See, now I just think of you as a pathetic loser who sits at home masturbating to Hollyoaks.

Maybe.
Kid A
See, now I just think of you as a pathetic loser who sits at home masturbating to Hollyoaks.

Maybe.

Who/what is Hollyoaks?

I'm just a pathetic loser with an internet addiction... :rolleyes:

:tongue:
polthegael
Who/what is Hollyoaks?

I'm just a pathetic loser with an internet addiction... :rolleyes:

:tongue:

You have been surfing on this site for some time now today :tongue:

Are you sure you've not lost interest in QTKT? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending