Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for the age difference, girls my age are dating guys that are older than we are because most of the guys my age are unintelligent, uninteresting, and immature. At the present time, I have 2 guys that are over 20 going after me and my affections. I know I like it.. but I know my parents won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    I'm all for the age difference, girls my age are dating guys that are older than we are because most of the guys my age are unintelligent, uninteresting, and immature. At the present time, I have 2 guys that are over 20 going after me and my affections. I know I like it.. but I know my parents won't.
    Degrading(!) Damn paedophiles......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You have been surfing on this site for some time now today

Are you sure you've not lost interest in QTKT?
    Katie's half day... 1.30-7 (she's a microbiologist). Got to go in a few mins to pick her up...

Still quite sure I'm still interested, sorry man...!

ReputationRep:
    Degrading(!) Damn paedophiles......
    lol, how is it degrading? You of all people should know that I don't act my age. seriously.. ok.. someone other than jimmy (superman) or you tell me, how old do you think I am?

ReputationRep:
    No problem if they're old enough, but it's always a bit iffy with girls of 13-15 or so who seem to think they're a lot older than they are. Many around here seem to have gone through a stage of apparently thinking that the older the guy they can pull is, the cooler they must be. Unfortunately this doesn't work and many end up getting used and regretting it later.

The problem is, if you try talking to them before it happens, they think you're talking down to them or trying to be their mother, but later when they actually get older, as opposed to just thinking they're older, most regret it. I've talked to several who've been ashamed by their stupidity, including three that became so depressed by it that they cut their wrists. I'm sure it's certainly made me more sensible as a guy for one thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    No problem if they're old enough, but it's always a bit iffy with girls of 13-15 or so who seem to think they're a lot older than they are. Many around here seem to have gone through a stage of apparently thinking that the older the guy they can pull is, the cooler they must be. Unfortunately this doesn't work and many end up getting used and regretting it later.

The problem is, if you try talking to them before it happens, they think you're talking down to them or trying to be their mother, but later when they actually get older, as opposed to just thinking they're older, most regret it. I've talked to several who've been ashamed by their stupidity, including three that became so depressed by it that they cut their wrists. I'm sure it's certainly made me more sensible as a guy for one thing.
    lol, I'm 16. My last bf will be 18 in less than a month. I don't have a current bf. But I have.. like I said before.. two older guys chasing after me. I like it.. of course I do. But I don't think anything of it.. in the sense that I gloat. *shrugs* if that made any sense whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    lol, how is it degrading? You of all people should know that I don't act my age. seriously.. ok.. someone other than jimmy (superman) or you tell me, how old do you think I am?
    When people write like this, "...you're clever(!)". The exclamation mark in parentheses denotes sarcasm, or so I'm told.

ReputationRep:
    When people write like this, "...you're clever(!)". The exclamation mark in parentheses denotes sarcasm, or so I'm told.
    heh, you're ALWAYS sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    It unfortunately also resembles an arse.

ReputationRep:
    In my point of view I think if there was a smaller age difference (e.g. 1to3 yrs) it will be better because people in the same age groups do share similar interests, however if there are large differences between two partners, they may lose interest in each other within time. But if two partners love each other then age wouldn’t matter to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    It unfortunately also resembles an arse.
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    In my point of view I think if there was a smaller age difference (e.g. 1to3 yrs) it will be better because people in the same age groups do share similar interests, however if there are large differences between two partners, they may lose interest in each other within time. But if two partners love each other then age wouldn’t matter to them.
    HERE HERE!! You go sister! lol.

ReputationRep:
    Why was this poll not made public? It's not like the virginity poll or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Why was this poll not made public? It's not like the virginity poll or anything.
    Ask Jimmy when he gets back from work. Its HIS thread.

ReputationRep:
    Ask Jimmy when he gets back from work. Its HIS thread.
    Maybe he's afraid that the identity of bigots will be revealed. But many of these users you can work out from what they post.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's afraid that the identity of bigots will be revealed. But many of these users you can work out from what they post.
    lol

ReputationRep:

Unfair. From what I've seen, those who are 'against' large age gaps think that there's more chance that someone in that relationship is being taken advantage of. Which we have an example of in this thread. It's not that I think it's wrong, morally or socially, but as I think there's a higher chance of the relationship not working out I'd choose to find a partner my own age.

Finding the idea of a 40-year old man lusting after a 15-year old schoolgirl distasteful isn't biogoted. It's Lolita.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kid A)
    Finding the idea of a 40-year old man lusting after a 15-year old schoolgirl isn't biogoted. It's Lolita.
    Define lolita. It may also be the same for a 19 year old man and a 15 year old girl too, but some people will not view it that way.

ReputationRep:
    What is this doing in this forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    What is this doing in this forum?
    Ask the user who started it! You think it should be in GC or something? j/w

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.