Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'd say fron the above text, yes. I did mention about those who have grown up mentally faster than others beyong her physical age.

Copying my arguments are we?
    Ah ha, sorry. I wasnt sure if anyone had brought this up as i havent been following this thread and was too tired to read the previous posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I agree.

Again I agree.

But should it be conviction or sentence worthy? What abourt discharges? I have read how some sentences in England could bring too much a misery over something quite minor. It would be a pity to see these cases again.

We agree on a lot of things I see
    Well personally I think once you have served your sentence you should have equal rights as any other citizen. If you have done your time you have taken the consequences for whatever violation you were convicted for and you should not be discriminated against because of it. An exception is situations were security is a problem, such as the police force, military or similar. However I must say it would be rediculously stupid if a person is denied a university place merely because he/she had sex with a 15 year old at the age of 17. I quite honestly do not see why UCAS asks whether you have criminal convictions on teh application form. It should not matter for the application process if you have served your sentence.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.