The Student Room Group

Uni with 2 A Levels and an AS?

Basically, my depression has relapsed and I might have temporal lobe epilepsy. The stress of this mixed with my A2 year means that I have a choice, I might have to drop A2 History and only take the AS. I'm finding the coursework too hard to do and history is just getting on top of me. If I do drop it, can I go to uni if I tell them why I only have 2 A-Levels? I'm doing Chemistry and Biology and I'm predicted A's in both.
No, you can't.
Reply 2
you certainly can do HNDs and foundation degrees with 2 A-levels, they also tend to be more flexible than a 3 year degree so you could fit them round work, health issues etc
Reply 3
What am I supposed to do, History coursework is impossible and its just so much stress
Original post by xxVENUSx
Basically, my depression has relapsed and I might have temporal lobe epilepsy. The stress of this mixed with my A2 year means that I have a choice, I might have to drop A2 History and only take the AS. I'm finding the coursework too hard to do and history is just getting on top of me. If I do drop it, can I go to uni if I tell them why I only have 2 A-Levels? I'm doing Chemistry and Biology and I'm predicted A's in both.

as a general rule: I doubt that will work. Perhaps pick up general studies instead, a lot of unis will accept that. or try ask your sixth form to stay on a third year to finish off your A levels. while unis may discriminate against three year A levels they usually don't if it is for physical health/ mental health reasons.

However it may be best to email your universities that you are looking at and ask them.
Firstly, how bad is your history? If you're predicted an A grade but you can only manage like a B or C that will be better than only having 2 A levels. Or take a 3rd year. But your two As will mean basically nothing if you take an AS, have you looked at the ucas points you get for an AS?
Reply 6
Original post by Kyrstface
Firstly, how bad is your history? If you're predicted an A grade but you can only manage like a B or C that will be better than only having 2 A levels. Or take a 3rd year. But your two As will mean basically nothing if you take an AS, have you looked at the ucas points you get for an AS?

I just don't understand the history coursework and I've got so much stuff to revise (All of the first Topic). It's so much work and I feel so depressed
Reply 7
Now I'm panicking, I'm so bad at history, coursework is so difficult, everybody else has their sources and have started while I've just panicked and not done anything.
Reply 8
Original post by Garlicked
as a general rule: I doubt that will work. Perhaps pick up general studies instead, a lot of unis will accept that. or try ask your sixth form to stay on a third year to finish off your A levels. while unis may discriminate against three year A levels they usually don't if it is for physical health/ mental health reasons.

However it may be best to email your universities that you are looking at and ask them.

I've e-mailed them, just waiting for a response
Reply 9
I'm freaking out
It really depends on what course you are applying for and where, but you might be better off staying on at school an extra year. I'm pretty sure some courses would accept you with two a levels and an AS.

Quick Reply

Latest