Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. i just checked track and i have been rejected by my firm and obviously am shattered. After choosing my firm and insurance i realised that i wasn't happy with my insurance and now that is where i am going. what should i do? I really wanted my firm badly and they also have spaces through clearing but it is risky and i am confused. someone help

ReputationRep:
    Get your results and then ring them and try and argue your case. You may have just missed by a few marks, or have a high grade elsewhere to compensate.

ReputationRep:
    Give them a call - it doesn't hurt, and yeah, if you missed it by a small amount and they have clearing avaliable, you've got a chance! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected by my firm, but they offered me a different course instead...see if ures will do that if there is another course ure interested in?

ReputationRep:
    my insurance wanted BBC and firm ABB. I will get my results and give them a call then. I'm just going to be myself and not make up anything. I'll give good reasons i guess. best of luck to all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo_1988)
    i got rejected by my firm, but they offered me a different course instead...see if ures will do that if there is another course ure interested in?

well i've applied for english at QMUL so i really wanted to do that. I will look up some other courses at the same uni though. thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo_1988)
    My firm offered me a different course as well but truthfully I'd have preferred if they had rejected me and allowed me to go to my insurance which has accepted me. I'm not sure if I want to do this changed course which involves a foundation year when my insurance is happy to have me.

ReputationRep:
    u can tell them that u dont want to accept the offer of the changed course, gd luck

ReputationRep:
    Go to your college, try as quick as you can to get in touch with the careers advisor or something, and get them to ring the University with you, they're usually very good at this sorta thing. Try and get on a different course if its the place as opposed to the course you really care about. Argue your case.

ReputationRep:
    the results don't come till 11 at my college which is annyoing. what should i do now cause its only half 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffprefect)
    My firm offered me a different course as well but truthfully I'd have preferred if they had rejected me and allowed me to go to my insurance which has accepted me. I'm not sure if I want to do this changed course which involves a foundation year when my insurance is happy to have me.
    If they've offered you a changed course you can reject it i think so you'd be able to go to your insurance (and i think that process is easier than getting released from your firm). But i'm not really sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffprefect)
    You don't have to accept your firm if they've changed your course; you just decline it and your insurance will then become your unconditional firm. Can't find the link atm but you are only obliged to go to your firm if they've accepted you for the course you originally signed up for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetiepieh)
    Hi everyone. i just checked track and i have been rejected by my firm and obviously am shattered. After choosing my firm and insurance i realised that i wasn't happy with my insurance and now that is where i am going. what should i do? I really wanted my firm badly and they also have spaces through clearing but it is risky and i am confused. someone help
    When you've got your results, particularly if you've narrowly missed a grade, you could try ringing them and pleading your case. You could also ask if they'd consider you for a different course.

If that doesn't work and you really don't want to go your insurance you have two choices; either withdraw from UCAS altogether and go round again next year, or ask them to release you (but this could take a while) and go through Clearing. You could start looking for a place elsewhere today but your problem will be that you can't confirm anything without your Clearing Passport, and you won't get that until your insurance releases you. It can be done but usually involves daily phonecalls for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kw2005)
    When you've got your results, particularly if you've narrowly missed a grade, you could try ringing them and pleading your case. You could also ask if they'd consider you for a different course.

If that doesn't work and you really don't want to go your insurance you have two choices; either withdraw from UCAS altogether and go round again next year, or ask them to release you (but this could take a while) and go through Clearing. You could start looking for a place elsewhere today but your problem will be that you can't confirm anything without your Clearing Passport, and you won't get that until your insurance releases you. It can be done but usually involves daily phonecalls for a bit.

i will have to plead a lot but once again it depends on my results. Hopefully i pray to god if my firm agree to offer me a place, then do i need to call up my insurance to reject them?

ReputationRep:
    no, if you get into your firm you will accept it at a later date on UCAS 18th i think...?

As you want to do English.. see if there is a slight variation on the course ie eglish lit and lang and maybe english with something or other (joint honours usually have lower requirements anyway!)

Best of luck!! - Plus if it helps you must be between ABB and BBC, which means potentially BBB, which i think would stand you in a good position to phone them and plead!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    Man im so upset and demotivated. Im honestly cracking open a bottle of vodka and running naked on the street singing Mr. Lonely.

ReputationRep:
    Im an international student and I took the CIE board for my A levels. I took 4 subjects; Lit in English, Math, Econs and Law, ABBB respectively. I applied to read Law in UCL and got an AAA offer. According to the LNAT website I did extremely well...i got 25...BUT UCL REJECTED MEEE...:'(

what am i going to do?

do you think i can still appeal?

ReputationRep:
    ^To be honest i don't think you can you have an other a level to compensate but you've missed the offer by two grades and it's a competitive course at a competitive uni.
    Well done though they are great results just see what other options you've got with those grades perhaps with your insurance or look through clearing. If not maybe you'd like to take a gap year and resit some modules?

Do try the uni but don't get your hopes up for that place and make sure you look into other options.

Hope it goes well for you

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.