The Student Room Group

Denetal vs medical school?

Interested in both careers?

What are the pros and cons of each?
Which one is more competitive?

The best dental school in the UK is kings college london,is it very hard to get in?
Thanks.
With Medicine, you have a much more personal connection with your clients than you would as a dentist. Also to become a qualified doctor, and then a consultant, it's going to require many many years of study and exams, much longer than any other qualification, while becoming a dentist is easier. Medicine is generally more competitive than dentistry, however dentistry is becoming more and more competetive as the years go by. Also, saying KCL has the best dentistry faculty is VERY subjective. I would argue for QMUL, but that's just me. Dentistry is quite a hard course to get into, Typical offer is around AAB
Original post by BobBobson
With Medicine, you have a much more personal connection with your clients than you would as a dentist. Also to become a qualified doctor, and then a consultant, it's going to require many many years of study and exams, much longer than any other qualification, while becoming a dentist is easier. Medicine is generally more competitive than dentistry, however dentistry is becoming more and more competetive as the years go by. Also, saying KCL has the best dentistry faculty is VERY subjective. I would argue for QMUL, but that's just me. Dentistry is quite a hard course to get into, Typical offer is around AAB

So much misinformation here it's laughable.

Quick Reply

Latest