RugbyJake16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello. Yesterday I attended an A-Level open night and I am considering the following subjects:

- Maths
- Computer Science
- English language
- Economics
- Business

Now, of course I can only pick four so I would like to ask your personal opinions on any of the subjects, is it boring compared to gcse? Is it worth doing the course?

Thanks,
Jake
BobBobson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Since your taking Maths and Computer Science, I would recommend taking Economics over Business, no point taking both. English language as an A Level I would think is also quite boring imo, English Literature is a lot more interesting.
KnowledgeIsBest
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BobBobson)
Since your taking Maths and Computer Science, I would recommend taking Economics over Business, no point taking both. English language as an A Level I would think is also quite boring imo, English Literature is a lot more interesting.
seconded.
brownanya122
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd agree with this! English Lit vs lang is often personal choice, but I was at a A-Level open session and the Economics person recommended the subject as a harder alternative to Bussiness (I Know he's biased but the business teacher said economics is generally harder..) best of luck with choosing!
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unis like lit over Lang and ECONOMICS IS AMAZING. I took it at GCSE and now at a level and there is nothing greater imo
RugbyJake16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks, I might reconsider business as quite a few people have said economics is better.
username2471155
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RugbyJake16)
Hello. Yesterday I attended an A-Level open night. And I am considering the following subjects:

- Maths
- Computer Science
- English language
- Economics
- Business

Now, of course I can only pick four so I would like to ask your personal opinions on any of the subjects, is it boring compared to gcse? Is it worth doing the course?

Thanks,
Jake
Choose the ones that your really enjoying at GCSE. If your undecided on choosing your last option flip a coin and you will be either happy or sad by the result.
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RugbyJake16)
Hello. Yesterday I attended an A-Level open night and I am considering the following subjects:

- Maths
- Computer Science
- English language
- Economics
- Business

Thanks,
Jake
English Language is the awkward one out as most of them are numerical subjects and that's what you most likely excel at, so get rid off Eng Lang. Job done.

/Close_thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads