Would you rather live one life that lasts 1,000 years or live 10 lives that last 100? Watch

Poll: Would you rather .......... ?
One life that lasts 1,000 years . (8)
44.44%
10 lives that last 100 . (10)
55.56%
I'm Your Teddy Bear
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
First one !
Spoiler:
Show
IF i could live for 1000 years , i would procrastinate !
- i would travel to the Moon !
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd love to live though 10 different childhoods, then I could troll everyone I know because I know I'd come back
mkap
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
imagine living 920 years all old and wrinkly. no thanks
Stacyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
10 lives, so you can learn from the mistakes of your last life.
Also how great would it be that in one of my lives, I'd actually be smart enough to be a doctor.😂
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stacyy)
10 lives, so you can learn from the mistakes of your last life.
Also how great would it be that in one of my lives, I'd actually be smart enough to be a doctor.😂
That is an assumption though.

OP: You need to state if you have recollection of your previous lives in the 10 lives scenario.
Bright_Gift
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
10 lives that last a 100 for sure
Stacyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yudothis)
That is an assumption though.

OP: You need to state if you have recollection of your previous lives in the 10 lives scenario.
Very true. Regardless, it'd be fun to live your childhood through different ages, whether It'd be remembered or not.
Allie4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hmm very tough one, theres perks of both. 100 different lives would be amazing but then so would 1000 years, getting to live through so many eras and then tell your great, great, great grandchildren that you were actually alive to witness all the historical moments... hmm can't decide
markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
10 childhoods > 1 childhood
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
id prefer one long life cause im assuming it means i cant die until the time is up. My childhood was good and i loved it but i dont want to go through the beginning of secondary school again, it was mentally torturous for 3 years :/

edit- plus, when you lose one life, you'll likely forget everything when you enter your second life and if not, well as stated above the early teen stage will mentally warp me everytime and i'd very likely get depressed. Don't want that, i hate my luck XD
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One life for 1000 years, on the assumption that you scale properly as a human. Considering we start to fail around 80 a 1000 year old would have significant "problems". If the body and mind scaled to 1000 years then you can make the most of having so much extra time. If you had to live 10 lives you're losing time when you're a child that as an adult you may value far more.

Then again are these 10 consecutive lives? A life now and then another life in 1000 years would be interesting
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Will I remember my previous lives in my new ones? If no there's no real benefit as I won't feel as though I've been through 10 childhoods even if I objectively have.
KnowledgeIsBest
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
10 lives that last a 100 years. imagine how weak, fragile and crippled a 1000-year-old would be.
spanker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1000 years providing you have self healing, cannot be killed and do not age past a certain point.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I life that lasts 1000 years, assuming the ages don't scale (living for 100 years as a 20 year old would be balla, but living for a century as an nonagenarian? Nah I'm good).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed