Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    got my A level results today, got BBC (PE, Biology, Maths) and i'm going to Kent to study accounting and finance. Can i still get into a big 4 firm with BBC?

ReputationRep:
    if its not possible to get into a big 4 firm, which firms accept my grades?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    how many points is BBC? I think for audit EY accept 280 points, otherwise its 300+ points (think pwc 320). Im sure it'll be ok for non big 4 firms though, whats ur degree?

ReputationRep:
    You still stand a chance, there are less doors open due to the fact that as people have mentioned some of the big 4 firms have quite high entry requirements(300-320 UCAS points) but some of them also have much lower requirements(I've seen mentions of 220UCAS points for some audit programmes).

ReputationRep:
    If she meets the requirements i wouldnt say her chances are "slim" as once your through to interview stage (which meeting the requirements will get you to and some society stuff which isnt hard to make up) i dont think they look too much at your degree/course, its how you portray yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I got BCC (economic, maths, chemistry) at A level.
    I got 2.1 in Accounting and Computing at Leeds Uni.
    I start at KPMG (Advisory, ACA) on Monday September 10th.

ReputationRep:
    out of interest which kpmg office? also how many points is it for a B, A etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    also how many points is it for a B, A etc?
    A= 120 points
    B= 100 points
    C= 80 points
    D= 60 points

NB. These points are different for AS-level subjects.

Just a thought, you could resit your A-levels if you wanted to bump up your points. Maybe try to get an A in the subject you originally got a C in. If you did this however you would have to reject your current grades and then would have to leave uni until 2008.
    Would firms like PwC then consider resits or do they just look at the first sitting results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someone_somewhere)
    A= 120 points
    B= 100 points
    C= 80 points
    D= 60 points

NB. These points are different for AS-level subjects.

Just a thought, you could resit your A-levels if you wanted to bump up your points. Maybe try to get an A in the subject you originally got a C in. If you did this however you would have to reject your current grades and then would have to leave uni until 2008.Would firms like PwC then consider resits or do they just look at the first sitting results?
    I've got a similar problem. I got lower results than expected. But I was already planning to do a gap and got a gap yr placement at a big4. But I still might resit because only 1 module in 2 subjects wrecked my results from getting better results

ReputationRep:
    out of interest which kpmg office?
    Leeds

ReputationRep:
    If she meets the requirements i wouldnt say her chances are "slim" as once your through to interview stage (which meeting the requirements will get you to and some society stuff which isnt hard to make up) i dont think they look too much at your degree/course, its how you portray yourself.
    this is exactly right, you don't need to exceed the requirements to stand a chance, if you get past the first application stage you stand just as much chance as everyone else whatever your grades. a level grades are simply a way of filtering out candidates, providing you meet the minimum requirements what your grades actually were doesn't come into account, as long as you're also bright enough to pass other filters such as online tests & 2.1 at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I did part of my AC at Leeds - it's a lovely office there.

I'm pretty sure that the Big 4 do not take resits into account. It's what you got the first time round that matters.

ReputationRep:
    i have friends who work for E&Y who have NO a-levels (but GNVQs), degrees from expolys and 1-2 years work experience.

nothing is impossible. don't believe the tsr hype. you will do well if you want to and put the effort in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee72)
    Leeds
    Leeds FS IRM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaaaz)
    Leeds FS IRM?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you could still easily get into a Big 4 with that. Just make sure you get a strong degree and you'll be OK.

If you make your application form in the future compelling, you'll be invited for a first interview. If you're particularly good, they'll keep you.

Chris
    http://www.notgotajobyet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrism2671)
    I reckon you could still easily get into a Big 4 with that. Just make sure you get a strong degree and you'll be OK.

If you make your application form in the future compelling, you'll be invited for a first interview. If you're particularly good, they'll keep you.

Chris
    http://www.notgotajobyet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    only 2 posts there but very useful! thanks

ReputationRep:
    Audit/tax at PwC = 280 Points = BBC = you happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    Audit/tax at PwC = 280 Points = BBC = you happy!
    Really? Tax at PwC is 280 points...excellent!
    Do you think these minimum entry requirements will go up with the introduction of the A* grade?

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea the big 4 had this much emphasis on A-levels.

What do they usually require? How many Ucas points is AAA?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.