Turn on thread page Beta

Is this the end of my big 4 dream? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    I had no idea the big 4 had this much emphasis on A-levels.

What do they usually require? How many Ucas points is AAA?
    360. For big4, its not so much A level or university, OR course - but general aptitude for numbers, communication and commerical accumen that will impress them. The grade boundaries are there just to filter - your grades/uni will take you to the interview, after that its all fair play regardless of where you came from or your UCAS points.

If we was talking about IB, well, theres some prestige/snobbiness about them! But I guess you need people who live in thinking they are better than others - its the only way one could motivate themselves to slave 100+ hours regularly every week (You can imagine there sadistic voice, "Mohuaha I earn more than you") - Well atleast that is the message you get when you read articles/threads and books made by iB people, its quite sickening.

ReputationRep:
    I got ABD -280 points. Got an offer for PwC audit, Southampton. I know someone who got 260 but still got into PwC audit London.

ReputationRep:
    Just do well in your degree and I wouldn't worry. Make sure you pick a degree you want to do, not one you ought to do, otherwise you might not do as well.

Chris
    http://www.notgotajobyet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, I think your chances are better than "slim" if you really want to work for one of the big 4. As long as you do well in your degree (absolute minimum of 2:1) then you should be fine. Oh and that bit aboug 280 ucas points to do tax at PWC is true. I looked it up about a month ago.
    They also have taken Kent students in recent years so all is not lost yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boosh)
    i have friends who work for E&Y who have NO a-levels (but GNVQs), degrees from expolys and 1-2 years work experience.

nothing is impossible. don't believe the tsr hype. you will do well if you want to and put the effort in.
    I agree, speaking from experiences.

Tho, its hard to believe unless you experiences it yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student20077)
    im sorry but im an expert here i know alot of things. i have gd news and bad news. the gd news is u have a better chance of getting a job in finance outside the big 4 as for getting one in big 4 NO. these people are just trying to make u feel better unlike people i say it staright as sir allan sugar says i hate bs, scroungers, liars etc.
    Heh you obviously don't know alot then because my friend who got EXACTLY BBC AND went to Kent got into Ernst & Young. Oh he didn't even get a 1st.

ReputationRep:
    No it's because I was advising students of a forum (just for those at 1 uni) that they can talk with other Kent students and i mentioned the website name. The fact thats the only thing you can respond with obviously means you know you are wrong. You also seem to have a bad god complex which means you think your advice is the best. Considering you told a person their Big 4 dream is over, which it clearly isn't suggests your advice is wrong, so go post in some other forum where you actually know what you're talking about. You have 51 posts.....wow you must be the best HAHA.
    Oh and learn to spell before telling me what to do. The only thing worse than people who think they are the best are the people who think they are the best who can't spell.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you shouldn't listen to student20077, because the BIG4 are not as picky in regards to university as other professions. To get into Big4 you need a minimum of about 280 UCAS points, B in Maths and English GCSE and a 2.1 in any discipline, but they prefer business related. Thats for the 'lowest' departments, if you want more choices, you need more UCAS points, and sometimes an A in GCSE maths.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.