Suffaru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, I am doing Maths A-Level as a private candidate. I was wondering that if you have to take the AS exam alongside the the A2 one. Obviously i am studying for both AS and A2 but the fees are a bit expensive if you have to pay for both the As and A2 exam!

Thanks for reading
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You don't have to for most exam boards anymore because of the a level reforms
Suffaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by hxfsxh)
You don't have to for most exam boards anymore because of the a level reforms
Ok thanks!
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Suffaru)
Hey guys, I am doing Maths A-Level as a private candidate. I was wondering that if you have to take the AS exam alongside the the A2 one. Obviously i am studying for both AS and A2 but the fees are a bit expensive if you have to pay for both the As and A2 exam!

Thanks for reading
Check what exam board you are doing since I know some like Edexcel still have the AS/A2 format if you are going to enter yourself for exams this year.
So double check with the course specification just to make sure.
Suffaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by aamirac)
Check what exam board you are doing since I know some like Edexcel still have the AS/A2 format if you are going to enter yourself for exams this year.
So double check with the course specification just to make sure.
Holy **** thanks! I didn't bother to read the spec. You are right there are compulsory AS units i have to do to get the full grade . Oh well.
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Suffaru)
Holy **** thanks! I didn't bother to read the spec. You are right there are compulsory AS units i have to do to get the full grade . Oh well.
:lol: At least you know now.
Use the spec in your revision to provide guidance as to what is required of you to know and can use it as a checklist of the topics that you need to learn.

:hat2:
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) Hasn't reformed yet. Plus they have summer and winter examinations. For CIE you could take Pure 1, Mechanics 1 or statistics 1 in May 2017 then Pure 3 and Statistics 1 or 2 or Mechanics 1 or 2 in November 2017. When I was planning to take it at AS being a private candidate my exam centre charged me £50 per module so it was £100 altogether for AS then if I continued I would have paid £100 again later in the year for my A2 modules. The only thing was the distance. Hounslow is just arrhhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed