Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
ExoKris
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have either 1) been predicted the grades that lse requires or 2) have achieved the required grades at As level (which means there's a high probability u would achieve the same grade at A level) then u have a chance .

But make sure you put the effort into your personal statement n focus on getting really good references. Type into Google what sort of things should be included in your personal statement n also look at the lse website to see what they want written in the personal statement . Sell your passion also to your teachers so that I can sell you In the reference.
smegsxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had much worse GCSEs, ABCC at AS an AAB (the required) predicted at A-Level. I'm now studying sociology at LSE.
Basically, you need the predicted grades required to even be considered. Then you need a good personal statement, one that doesn't sound cliche like the rest and is personal to you. Other than that there's not much you can do, but with a good personal statement there's no reason for you not to apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
smegsxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also the LSE sociology undergrad page has a section on what they look for in a personal statement if you look (I'm not sure exactly where)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZohaJamal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Does LSE require four AS subjects?
Can I apply with three AS subjects?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also depends if Urdu is your first language, because I think they don't count A-levels in first language.
ZohaJamal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Thank you
paulnaccache55
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm coming from Switzerland and applying to Sociology too at LSE. I guess I'm a little late compared to you guys! For those interested in talking to current LSE students, I've just tried Unibudy after seeing their website in my Facebook feed. Just thought it might help!
valdokarina
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smegsxo)
I had much worse GCSEs, ABCC at AS an AAB (the required) predicted at A-Level. I'm now studying sociology at LSE.
Basically, you need the predicted grades required to even be considered. Then you need a good personal statement, one that doesn't sound cliche like the rest and is personal to you. Other than that there's not much you can do, but with a good personal statement there's no reason for you not to apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I've been looking for someone who studies sociology at LSE as I have a couple of questions if you do not mind.

1. Would you say the course is interesting and is the reading hard?

2. Is your work load hard to manage?

3. What internships have you gotten from LSE or what job are you planning to go into? (So the prosepects basically)

Sorry for so many I'm just very curious, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (46)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (71)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (95)
37.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.56%

Watched Threads