The Student Room Group

PBL facilitators' notes

Hello,

My Med School bought the PBL cases from St. George's.
This is a new school (not in the UK) and we're looking for leaked official PBL facilitators' notes. Can anyone help?
Reply 1
What do you hope to gain from these?
Reply 2
To know exactly what am I expected to learn.
Reply 3
To be honest, i dont think its a good idea to find these "leaked" notes.
Asking your tutors what are you required to learn can be a good start off on what to know. If not, there's always the academic lead and etc.
Reply 4
Trying to circumvent the process isn't necessarily going to help your learning. Coming up with your own learning objectives is an integral part of PBL. There is nothing stopping you from asking the tutor at the end if the group missed anything major.
Reply 5
We're having problems with the tutor.
We always have objectives that don't have to do with the cases but she decides we have to study them also and, when we know the answer, we still have double check.
The tutor's boss left and now she's the boss. I'm guessing she's feeling important and trying to show she knows best...
Last week we had a substitute tutor and it was so much better.
Original post by Livingwell
We're having problems with the tutor.
We always have objectives that don't have to do with the cases but she decides we have to study them also and, when we know the answer, we still have double check.
The tutor's boss left and now she's the boss. I'm guessing she's feeling important and trying to show she knows best...
Last week we had a substitute tutor and it was so much better.

Often objectives may seem irrelevant to the case but they fit in further down the line. PBL/CBL requires a bit of faith initially, and it can feel like a waste of time occasionally, but it's well demonstrated to assist your learning.

If you're really having problems with a tutor, raise this with your medical school and sit down with them to address your concerns. Finding leaked PBL facilitator notes isn't really the best way to go about this problem.

Furthermore, do you keep the same tutor for the entire year? Or do you switch between cases or blocks? If so you may have better luck with another in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending