doodle_123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi guys so basically I got a B in AS religious studies and really wanted an A I wanted to ask do you guys have any revision tips or techniques that will help me to got the A because without I cant go to uni which will be really depressing I am doing OCR
Onlychantele
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a C in AS and l was hoping for a B but overall l want an A.Does this mean l would have to get an A* to get an A in A-LEVELS?

But overall, since you got a B my teacher said (to another student with a B) that they would need to get an A for an A overall at A-level.
1998Shannon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya, I did AQA and got an A my revision techniques may not be helpful but I will tell you anyway and hopefully something helps. I find it exceedingly useful to read a lot and summarise each theory/philosopher into my own words whilst also condensing it. Personally, I think that if I am able to explain something to someone then I probably know it quite well. Basically, make use of all four methods, reading, writing, speaking and listening as only doing one or two restricts what you can remember. I tend to read through text books, re-write everything I need to know and within time condense it all, speak it out loud to myself and see what I can remember, and talk it through with friends and family.

Make sure you spend plenty of time revising but do not over do it and make sure you are fully prepared; learn everything on the specification, look and do past questions and make sure you have a reasonable and effective revision timetable. Be organised and think positive.

Good Luck!
Onlychantele
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a C at AS, and l am willing to work hard for a B overall but l would need to get an A in A2 and l am doing Edexcel have any tips?
username2885164
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Onlychantele)
I got a C at AS, and l am willing to work hard for a B overall but l would need to get an A in A2 and l am doing Edexcel have any tips?
certainly! which papers are you doing though? I did the philosophy of religion and ethics paper for paper 3, and anthology (ethics) for my 4th paper. I know there are like a bizzilion different paper options. I know the skills are transferable for paper 4 though.
Onlychantele
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing the same as you. We've finished religion and ethics paper for paper 3 and l deciding which 3 questions to do even though my teacher says to learn.I think l am choosing KOG its my favourite and l'll decide the other 2.

We have started anthology and its...l'm clueless but we've started a month from now and we haven't seen the past paper and so on...
username2885164
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Onlychantele)
I'm doing the same as you. We've finished religion and ethics paper for paper 3 and l deciding which 3 questions to do even though my teacher says to learn.I think l am choosing KOG its my favourite and l'll decide the other 2.

sorry what's KOG? and I did ontological, meta ethics and natural moral law.

We have started anthology and its...l'm clueless but we've started a month from now and we haven't seen the past paper and so on...
I got full marks on that paper, by easter last year I did my first essay in it and got a D so don't worry about it. I was honestly clueless until the last minute where it all made sense. I'l let you know some good tips tommorow cus it's late right now.
Onlychantele
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thank you so much!
username2885164
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't want to clogg up with topic so I made a separate thread, I was going to do it at some point anyway so I figured "why not now?" here is the link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post69308230 Obviously this is a guide on how to get full marks so you don't need to follow everything word for word.
aminoff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing OCR Philosophy and Ethics but just wanted to say thanks for all the advice you've given on this thread. I achieved an A at AS last year but an A* just seems impossible (average of 90 UMS?! ).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.74%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.75%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.07%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.93%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.37%

Watched Threads