PBSherman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in my first year of uni at the moment but I haven't made any friends. My main worry is about sharing a house in my second year. My uni said they recommend us sorting it out by January but by the looks of it i'm going to have no one to live with. I don't really get on with my flat mates and some of them are sharing next year and the rest have their own groups. Any advice??
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm no student at University but this website seems to help!

http://student.spareroom.co.uk/accom...ity_of_exeter/

It has all sorts of people that have spare rooms, and you could probably find one there!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
I would push to make some friends. There will be a lot of people at your uni who havent nade friends and have exactly the same concerns as you.

Put yourself out there a bit. Its still early days.
PBSherman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Callicious)
I'm no student at University but this website seems to help!

http://student.spareroom.co.uk/accom...ity_of_exeter/

It has all sorts of people that have spare rooms, and you could probably find one there!
THANK YOU!! Big help
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PBSherman)
THANK YOU!! Big help
I'm going to be going to Exeter next year (hopefully), so tell me how it goes :P
alanajane
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure if you've sorted this yet..

I'm a 3rd year at Exeter and I was in the same boat in my 1st year.
I went in to private halls at the Printworks and made friends here.

I now live with 2 of my friends in a house and its great. Both of my housemates lived with their flatmates last year and ended up falling out with them hence why they live with me this year.

Basically don't panic. Private halls are almost a 2nd chance to make friends - lots of people at the printworks live together this year. My other advice is to keep an eye on facebook and see if anyone has a spare room or ask around on your course.
Hope this helps!
The Monk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alanajane)
Not sure if you've sorted this yet..

I'm a 3rd year at Exeter and I was in the same boat in my 1st year.
I went in to private halls at the Printworks and made friends here.

I now live with 2 of my friends in a house and its great. Both of my housemates lived with their flatmates last year and ended up falling out with them hence why they live with me this year.

Basically don't panic. Private halls are almost a 2nd chance to make friends - lots of people at the printworks live together this year. My other advice is to keep an eye on facebook and see if anyone has a spare room or ask around on your course.
Hope this helps!
Basically don't end up like me, I'm a 2nd year in private halls and still have no friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (598)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (735)
41.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise