Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that there are a few threads on this topic already but the ones which I look at are of jobs of extreme diversity, eg. a top lawyer could earn loads but those are only a few at the top. I'm after a very well paid job without having to go to the top. I heard surgeons may earn over 100k p.a. but i'm going to study maths and economics, or maths and something else, (a degree which I may go into many fields with). Please give me information or links on the highest average salaries of jobs!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRLX69)
    very well paid job without having to go to the top
    High street solicitor
    Accountant
    Operations division of investment bank
    Consultancy

ReputationRep:
    Whilst few or no Company Secretaries earn £1 million etc, one fifth earn over £100k

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you find a career that suits your interests and not the other way round? That way you would have a far better chance of making it into a profession at all.

ReputationRep:
    I know that there are a few threads on this topic already but the ones which I look at are of jobs of extreme diversity, eg. a top lawyer could earn loads but those are only a few at the top. I'm after a very well paid job without having to go to the top. I heard surgeons may earn over 100k p.a. but i'm going to study maths and economics, or maths and something else, (a degree which I may go into many fields with). Please give me information or links on the highest average salaries of jobs!!!
    If you're a slick talker with no self respect or sense of morality, become a stockbroker. You go home with a bad conscience but at least your pockets will bulge. Or you could go into the work in the high net worth division at a bank, similar to stockbroking i think but more respect.

ReputationRep:
    Have fun working in a job just for the money. :cool: So satisfying.

ReputationRep:
    Head Clerk to a Barristers Chambers... £200k upwards...

ReputationRep:
    Condom tester is a good job

ReputationRep:
    hope this helps
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    the ones posted above are jus starting salaries ..... i dont know how much u can hope to earn after 20 or 30 years on the job

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot everyone, and i'm sure I can earn loads of money but still have a heart, I promise to give a fair amount to charity, yes i do.

ReputationRep:
    200k salarys are the exception not the rule surely? most people who work in those areas won't be on anything near that will they?

and hey my wage looks quality in dollars

ReputationRep:
    I know people who get 6 figures, and they get that by working when they like!!!
    Want to know more PM! I'll soon be getting that after about 5 yrs!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    !!!Skeeeeeem Alert!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    !!!Skeeeeeem Alert!!!
    Be here in 5yrs time and I'll show you the 6 figures!!! Then we see whos laughing!!!!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    hope this helps
    How come medicine isn't on there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    I doubt anyone can say that they will definately be on 6 figures in their early 20s, particularly not those who are enquiring about HNDs at Luton. Although I'm not saying it's impossible either.

ReputationRep:
    just be careful that when you eventuall;y go into a career, that you know for certain you will enjoy at least aspects of it, if not the whole thing. the last thing you want to be is miserable and rich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    How come medicine isn't on there?
    ... because medicine isn't that highly paid (in monetary terms anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    ... because medicine isn't that highly paid (in monetary terms anyway)
    Of course it is!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.