Why do so many people get so easily triggered by veganism? Watch

RobML
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Surely they have the brains to realise how idiotic they look getting triggered by people pointing out unnecessary suffering of animals, as opposed to getting triggered by the unnecessary suffering of animals itself?
RobML
Rep:
?
(Original post by ihatePE)
veganism is like the new edgy thing, and edgy things gets boring and eye-rolling worthy after a while when some people mention it for their own edgy benefit. the suffering of animals would bother anyone (hopefully otherwise they're hypocrites) but in the context of veganazis then the instinct is to respond with something triggering just for the fun of it.
I don't see how not using animal products is edgy. Edgy would be killing a cow with your bare hands and eating it raw.
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
me right now

Spoiler:
Show
but seriously i think because there are alot of hypocrites in the vegan community
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what?

I've never once been 'triggered' by it ever. I just don't get why one's dietary choices etc. have to be discussed all the time… if you're vegan, fine. Eat vegan, that's awesome. Wooooo etc.. Same if you're a veggie etc.

It just doesn't really matter, if people do get triggered about it, then they need to sort it out ngl. :indiff:
AlexS101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do people get triggered by Veganism or them really annoying Vegans that somehow seem to find 25 hours a day to post facebook status' about animal cruelty and how much better than you they are because they are vegan?
Be vegan if you wish, but unless we're going out for a meal or I'm cooking for you there's no reason I need to know!
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've honestly seen more people complaining about vegans than vegans complaining about meat-eaters.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RobML)
Surely they have the brains to realise how idiotic they look getting triggered by people pointing out unnecessary suffering of animals, as opposed to getting triggered by the unnecessary suffering of animals itself?
I don't think you understand what a trigger is even if the widely misapplied way #generationsnowflake use it Veganism is a cult , Animal rights is a violent cult with a significant terrorist aspect , Hunt Sabs are terroists pure and simple the self righteous smug hypocrtical nature of vegans and animal right loonies is why most people even including normal people who are vegetarian are sick and fed up of the crustie jugglers and hipster twatbadgers with their woo and ******** about how great veganism is - conveniently ofrgettign that for veganism to work - all cultivable land would have to be under cultivation and there would be no cute baa-lambs, fuzzy ducklings or sleek pussycats left
Lauren-x-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's 2016: everyone gets triggered by anything
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
Vegens are so annoying. Who even cares about what others put into their bodies? Good for you if you care that much for animals but others such as I see them as steak and chips! I will wear real fur and be happy
RobML
Rep:
?
(Original post by zippyRN)
I don't think you understand what a trigger is even if the widely misapplied way #generationsnowflake use it Veganism is a cult , Animal rights is a violent cult with a significant terrorist aspect , Hunt Sabs are terroists pure and simple the self righteous smug hypocrtical nature of vegans and animal right loonies is why most people even including normal people who are vegetarian are sick and fed up of the crustie jugglers and hipster twatbadgers with their woo and ******** about how great veganism is - conveniently ofrgettign that for veganism to work - all cultivable land would have to be under cultivation and there would be no cute baa-lambs, fuzzy ducklings or sleek pussycats left
Thanks for providing a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
RobML
Rep:
?
(Original post by samantham999)
Vegens are so annoying. Who even cares about what others put into their bodies? Good for you if you care that much for animals but others such as I see them as steak and chips! I will wear real fur and be happy
I don't care what other people put into their bodies. That's not even an argument veggies/vegans make.
RobML
Rep:
?
(Original post by iEthan)
what?

I've never once been 'triggered' by it ever. I just don't get why one's dietary choices etc. have to be discussed all the time… if you're vegan, fine. Eat vegan, that's awesome. Wooooo etc.. Same if you're a veggie etc.

It just doesn't really matter, if people do get triggered about it, then they need to sort it out ngl. :indiff:

It's obvious what I'm talking about
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RobML)

It's obvious what I'm talking about
(Thank you )

Meh. I just don't see the big deal.
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RobML)
I don't care what other people put into their bodies. That's not even an argument veggies/vegans make.
I meant it shouldnt concern a vegan why someone is deciding to eat meat therefore what they decide to put in their bodies.
Cretin.
Stacyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're not a vegan, you have no core message. XD

Seriously though, everyone's different and should be allowed to eat whatever they want (except maybe cats or dogs, they're too cute).
RobML
Rep:
?
(Original post by samantham999)
I meant it shouldnt concern a vegan why someone is deciding to eat meat therefore what they decide to put in their bodies.
Cretin.
Why shouldn't it be a concern?
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Vegans view plant life as being inferior to animal life, yet view animal life as equal to human life.
That's cognitive dissonance in my opinion.
johnTroy1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by iEthan)
what?

Triggered?
RobML
Rep:
?
(Original post by BobBobson)
Vegans view plant life as being inferior to animal life, yet view animal life as equal to human life.
That's cognitive dissonance in my opinion.
??
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by johnTroy1)
Triggered?
:no:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads