Which A levels would complement Sociology?

Watch
SociologyFreak
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im currently deciding what i should pick for my a levels. So I really enjoy English Literature and Sociology enough to take it further for A levels. I thought about taking Economics and Politics for A levels as well with English lit and sociology . So do you think they all complement each other? If they dont do you think i should swap one of the economics or politics with psychology?

This is all ideally linked with what A levels would give me a better chance at studying sociology at degree level hopefully so I would really like some advise on picking the right topics.
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SociologyFreak)
Im currently deciding what i should pick for my a levels. So I really enjoy English Literature and Sociology enough to take it further for A levels. I thought about taking Economics and Politics for A levels as well with English lit and sociology . So do you think they all complement each other? If they dont do you think i should swap one of the economics or politics with psychology?

This is all ideally linked with what A levels would give me a better chance at studying sociology at degree level hopefully so I would really like some advise on picking the right topics.
As far as I know, there aren't any essential subjects required for Sociology, so you have more flexibility in terms of which A Levels you can take. I think that a combination out of English Literature, History, Geography, a language, Psychology, Sociology, Politics and Economics would be the most relevant to a Sociology degree, so the subjects you have chosen would be fine, although taking a second traditional subject such as History, Geography or a language may help strengthen your application
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably politics or psychology.
Poles-Out
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do STEM or gtfo out of education. Too many white ******s/hippies doing **** courses and making us look bad. Make something good of yourself and work towards a medical degree or accountancy. All poof studies is gonna do is lead you towards unemployment or perhaps a supply teacher or social worker if your lucky.
Zeeiqbal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say avoid sociology as when you do go uni it will confuse your mind. I have a module that's all about sociology and the lecturers have told us that people who did not take sociology as their A level would find it easier to understand compared to the ones who did it as their A level. But then again it is good to get an understanding of the basics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaaayxp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say you or choices seem to go well together. I'm doing sociology English lit and psychology now and they compliment each other really well! I would suggest doing psychology but only because I'm biased But if you like economics then go for it!
SociologyFreak
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
As far as I know, there aren't any essential subjects required for Sociology, so you have more flexibility in terms of which A Levels you can take. I think that a combination out of English Literature, History, Geography, a language, Psychology, Sociology, Politics and Economics would be the most relevant to a Sociology degree, so the subjects you have chosen would be fine, although taking a second traditional subject such as History, Geography or a language may help strengthen your application
Thanks that helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (443)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.64%

Watched Threads