The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A 2017 Exam Thread (New A Level) (H420)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Has anyone got access to/has done the 2016 Depth paper that could possibly send to me or let me know what questions there are please? Would be so so helpful. Thanks so much. x
anyone have the hidden spec papers pls
Original post by Kaneki Ken
anyone have the hidden spec papers pls

email me at [email protected] and i can send you paper 1 Biological processes
on another note i'm the real Kaneki Ken
Original post by allen_bolt
email me at [email protected] and i can send you paper 1 Biological processes
on another note i'm the real Kaneki Ken

thannkkssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! i emailed u

erm...to be discussed :wink::p:crown:
How did people find the specimen AS papers compared to the actual AS papers? I didn't take them last year but man those AS specimens are HARD!
Original post by studentsixth
How did people find the specimen AS papers compared to the actual AS papers? I didn't take them last year but man those AS specimens are HARD!

Personally I found them harder.
Original post by Gogregg
Personally I found them harder.

The actual AS exams? I did the breadth recently and I thought it was quite fair. Not sure about the depth. I can see the two big papers having a fair amount of statistics this year.
The actual AS exams? I did the breadth recently and I thought it was quite fair. Not sure about the depth. I can see the two big papers having a fair amount of statistics this year.

Woops, that was completely ambiguous of me.
I meant the specimen were harder :colondollar:
Original post by Gogregg
Woops, that was completely ambiguous of me.
I meant the specimen were harder :colondollar:

Hahaha 😂 Thank god!! Absolutely terrified about the unified concepts paper though 💩
Hahaha 😂 Thank god!! Absolutely terrified about the unified concepts paper though 💩

Oh tell me about it :lol:

That's probably going to be that paper with the most practicals, and that's the part I like the least, soooo that's not going to be fun :colonhash:
Although, as long as we know all the stuff and understand it, we should be fine...
Does anyone have the papers that will be used for the mock exams? I have it in a couple of weeks and could really do with the heads up to save agro from my school...
Original post by sfstudent1
Does anyone have the papers that will be used for the mock exams? I have it in a couple of weeks and could really do with the heads up to save agro from my school...

In those couple of weeks you could easily revise most of the syllabus that you've done to a high level. The point of these mocks I'd to see where you need improvement.
Would you rather do well now, but save the aggro for the summer in a situation where you aren't allowed back into your school because you did the same thing, our would you rather receive aggro now, and use that to improve and do well in the summer?
Original post by sfstudent1

I'm sure there are people. But I think it's better for you to do the revision you can and see how you fare tbh. They're not too bad and if you've covered everything (and had a lot of practice at the old specification papers) you should find the papers quite nice.
I'm sure there are people. But I think it's better for you to do the revision you can and see how you fare tbh. They're not too bad and if you've covered everything (and had a lot of practice at the old specification papers) you should find the papers quite nice.

Have you done them because if so could I just have a heads up about some things? I've coevered most of module 5 and module 2 but it's on the 21st of feb so I won't get everything done :frown: I'm so so stressed I don't wanna get screamed at by my teachers.
Just had a mock using Biological processes practice paper, 61/100, I'm screwed...
Original post by jimmylyu
Just had a mock using Biological processes practice paper, 61/100, I'm screwed...

That's a really good score, though?
That's a solid B...
Anyone have the June 2016 exams and the locked specimens?
Original post by Gogregg
That's a really good score, though?
That's a solid B...

Could you take a picture of some f the questions so i can practice them please
Original post by lovelyqueen
Could you take a picture of some f the questions so i can practice them please

I don't have any of the papers.
I'm sorry if I sound rude or dismissive, but even if I did, I wouldn't send them to you or anyone else. I'm a strong believer in integrity.
Original post by Gogregg
I don't have any of the papers.
I'm sorry if I sound rude or dismissive, but even if I did, I wouldn't send them to you or anyone else. I'm a strong believer in integrity.

That's ok I understand. I wanted check if we both had the same mock paper. Did you get a long question on the chicken experiment?
Our mock paper was a really hard one and I think if we practice more experiment type questions as the last paper covers a lot of practicals I though it will be good. It's Ok!😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending