Rydah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have started my International Advanced Levels and I will be sitting for the exams for the May/June 2017 as a private candidate in the Edexcel board. But I still have a confusion about International Advanced Levels and Advanced Levels. I think as I am a Sri Lankan I have to write the Edexcel IAL but I want to know if my decision is right. What is the difference between the Edexcel Advanced Levels and the Edexcel International Advanced Levels? Please help me guys...
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
There is no difference, they're still A levels.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rydah)
I have started my International Advanced Levels and I will be sitting for the exams for the May/June 2017 as a private candidate in the Edexcel board. But I still have a confusion about International Advanced Levels and Advanced Levels. I think as I am a Sri Lankan I have to write the Edexcel IAL but I want to know if my decision is right. What is the difference between the Edexcel Advanced Levels and the Edexcel International Advanced Levels? Please help me guys...
In terms of the qualification you receive, they are of equal value. In the past they used an almost identical specification for both. IAL was introduced in part to allow international students to continue to be examined in january exams when uk students were limited to may/june.

However, UK A levels are undergoing a series of changes and new quite different specifications have been introduced for many subjects. IAL have not incorporated these changes. As a result, text books and other resources designed for the new uk specifications may not be suitable for candidates sitting the IAL. If your subject has been updated for the uk, use books designed specifically for IAL or for the older 2008 specifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rydah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
In terms of the qualification you receive, they are of equal value. In the past they used an almost identical specification for both. IAL was introduced in part to allow international students to continue to be examined in january exams when uk students were limited to may/june.

However, UK A levels are undergoing a series of changes and new quite different specifications have been introduced for many subjects. IAL have not incorporated these changes. As a result, text books and other resources designed for the new uk specifications may not be suitable for candidates sitting the IAL. If your subject has been updated for the uk, use books designed specifically for IAL or for the older 2008 specifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your help. Now I am clear about this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (135)
61.64%
I don't have everything I need (84)
38.36%

Watched Threads