Online Declaration form trouble. Watch

Rick86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey,

I applyed online before the deadline for my 3rd year and a month ago I received my notification of entitlement letter with my status being "final". I was asked to sign and date an "Online Declaration Form" and return it to them at the address stated on the form. I did this and sent it by first class post and thought nothing else about it. On Monday I received a letter telling me they hadn't received my online declaration form yet, sending me another one and telling me unless they receive it I won't receive the loan + grant.

I phoned them up and spoke to an advisor who kept me on hold for a while before telling me they have no record of receiving it. He gave me a number for my LEA and told me to phone them since they handled all the required documents or something. I tried this several times throughout the afternoon and the phone wasn't picked up once - I let it ring for a good minute on all 4 occasions. I decided to hell with it, i'd just fill in the other copy they sent me and send it back - so this time I sent it by recorded delivery for the added peace of mind. This should be next day delivery, yet they still haven't received it and royal mails tracking system tells me to check back later.

For the record the address I have sent both applications to - the one listed on the form is:

Student Loans Company Ltd
P.O. Box 4032
Glasgow
G52 4XJ

Any advice on what my next move should be? I realise its a bit early to be worried after sending the 2nd form back only on Monday, but after the first time seemingly not getting through i'm rather cautious. I'd rather just get this fixed especially since we're now mid august and i'm due to be starting my final year in September

Thanks
Rick
Assos
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you're worried about it not getting there send it recorded or even special delivery so you can track it...
Friendly_cow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
maybe try going into your lea and drop it off and speak to them? (Assuming of course your lea will speak to you, mine refuse to)
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Assos)
If you're worried about it not getting there send it recorded or even special delivery so you can track it...
Re-read the post. He has sent it by recorded delivery.
Assos
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeahyeahyeahs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
Re-read the post. He has sent it by recorded delivery.

Recorded delivery is different to special delivery.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (274)
45.07%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (181)
29.77%
I don't have an opinion (153)
25.16%

Watched Threads