Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

i just started IB so far its stressful my options were initially

HL- physics, geography, art
    SL- maths, spanish (abnitio) , english

nut then i swapped HL Geography for history having not done it before and now I'm a bit stressed trying to learn the basics plus our head of maths teacher didn't allow any of us to do SL maths and made us do studies instead which i think is unfair when i know i can get the grades it was just a fluke exam on top of that i hate HL physics its disgusting omg i just want to drop it

HELP ME PLS

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what you want us to help with. These are your options so whatever feels right to you, you must pursue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnTroy1)
    Don't know what you want us to help with. These are your options so whatever feels right to you, you must pursue.
    yea i guess so. its just i want to be an architect and these are the options i picked and now I'm not so sure what i want to be....

ReputationRep:
    Unless you need standard level maths for entry requirements for university choices, you benefit more from doing studies. Studies takes up less time, you're likely to get a higher mark. For instance, in SL you could potentially get a 5, but doing studies boosts your chances of getting a 6/7, possibly increasing your total score by 1 or 2, not to mention that you can shift the time you spend on maths to other subjects when you do studies.

(Original post by sophielophie)
    Unless you need standard level maths for entry requirements for university choices, you benefit more from doing studies. Studies takes up less time, you're likely to get a higher mark. For instance, in SL you could potentially get a 5, but doing studies boosts your chances of getting a 6/7, possibly increasing your total score by 1 or 2, not to mention that you can shift the time you spend on maths to other subjects when you do studies.
    Some universities do not accept math studies if you want to do science related subjects in the future. So check requirements before making the decision to drop to math studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Some universities do not accept math studies if you want to do science related subjects in the future. So check requirements before making the decision to drop to math studies.
    ok then thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    yea i srsly don't get the point system no one explained it to me.

(Original post by aztecqueen)
    yea i srsly don't get the point system no one explained it to me.
    Overall 45 points. Academics constitute as 42 points. 3 points for TOK and EE. Every subject is out of 7 points. 7 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. To pass your diploma you need at least a 4 in every subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overall 45 points. Academics constitute as 42 points. 3 points for TOK and EE. Every subject is out of 7 points. 7 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. To pass your diploma you need at least a 4 in every subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok then. thank you so much

ok then. thank you so much
    No Problem , there's more specifics but these are the basics of the scoring system

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No Problem , there's more specifics but these are the basics of the scoring system

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its alright as long as i know the basics then i'll be fine.

btw was subjects did u take for IB if u don't mind me asking.

its alright as long as i know the basics then i'll be fine.

btw was subjects did u take for IB if u don't mind me asking.
    I am a second year student actually

No ofc not, I don't mind

HL Biology, Chemistry, and English Lit A

SL Maths, Chinese Lang B, Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year student actually

No ofc not, I don't mind

HL Biology, Chemistry, and English Lit A

SL Maths, Chinese Lang B, Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WOAH, nice options. damn u picked chinese good luck mate XD

WOAH, nice options. damn u picked chinese good luck mate XD
    Hahaha, Thank you! Good luck on your IB journey as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, Thank you! Good luck on your IB journey as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you too

good luck on ur last year and hope u pass with flying colours

(im so nice lol)

Thanks, you too

good luck on ur last year and hope u pass with flying colours

(im so nice lol)
    People need to be more nice while taking the IB because out of stress must come kindness I hope you get your desired predicted grades so you can apply to the unis and courses that you want to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People need to be more nice while taking the IB because out of stress must come kindness I hope you get your desired predicted grades so you can apply to the unis and courses that you want to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks.
    M8 idk wats wrong with me I'm just super nice today like its not normal, not that i aint nice all the time.

Thanks.
    M8 idk wats wrong with me I'm just super nice today like its not normal, not that i aint nice all the time.
    Bruv it's what life does to you :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bruv it's what life does to you :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True. i feel like these are symptoms of IB taking over

True. i feel like these are symptoms of IB taking over
    :rofl: I was particularly happy at school for the last few weeks which has been awesome but also feeling kind of insane sometimes xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: February 4, 2017
Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.