The Student Room Group

HELP!

Hey,

i just started IB so far its stressful my options were initially

HL- physics, geography, art
SL- maths, spanish (abnitio) , english

nut then i swapped HL Geography for history having not done it before and now I'm a bit stressed trying to learn the basics plus our head of maths teacher didn't allow any of us to do SL maths and made us do studies instead which i think is unfair when i know i can get the grades it was just a fluke exam on top of that i hate HL physics its disgusting omg i just want to drop it

HELP ME PLS :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Don't know what you want us to help with. These are your options so whatever feels right to you, you must pursue.
Original post by johnTroy1
Don't know what you want us to help with. These are your options so whatever feels right to you, you must pursue.

yea i guess so. its just i want to be an architect and these are the options i picked and now I'm not so sure what i want to be....
Unless you need standard level maths for entry requirements for university choices, you benefit more from doing studies. Studies takes up less time, you're likely to get a higher mark. For instance, in SL you could potentially get a 5, but doing studies boosts your chances of getting a 6/7, possibly increasing your total score by 1 or 2, not to mention that you can shift the time you spend on maths to other subjects when you do studies.
Original post by sophielophie
Unless you need standard level maths for entry requirements for university choices, you benefit more from doing studies. Studies takes up less time, you're likely to get a higher mark. For instance, in SL you could potentially get a 5, but doing studies boosts your chances of getting a 6/7, possibly increasing your total score by 1 or 2, not to mention that you can shift the time you spend on maths to other subjects when you do studies.

Some universities do not accept math studies if you want to do science related subjects in the future. So check requirements before making the decision to drop to math studies.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Some universities do not accept math studies if you want to do science related subjects in the future. So check requirements before making the decision to drop to math studies.

ok then thanks guys
Original post by sophielophie

yea i srsly don't get the point system no one explained it to me.
Original post by aztecqueen
yea i srsly don't get the point system no one explained it to me.

Overall 45 points. Academics constitute as 42 points. 3 points for TOK and EE. Every subject is out of 7 points. 7 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. To pass your diploma you need at least a 4 in every subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Overall 45 points. Academics constitute as 42 points. 3 points for TOK and EE. Every subject is out of 7 points. 7 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. To pass your diploma you need at least a 4 in every subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok then. thank you so much :smile:
ok then. thank you so much :smile:

No Problem :smile:, there's more specifics but these are the basics of the scoring system

Posted from TSR Mobile
No Problem :smile:, there's more specifics but these are the basics of the scoring system

Posted from TSR Mobile

its alright as long as i know the basics then i'll be fine.

btw was subjects did u take for IB if u don't mind me asking.
its alright as long as i know the basics then i'll be fine.

btw was subjects did u take for IB if u don't mind me asking.

I am a second year student actually :smile:

No ofc not, I don't mind

HL Biology, Chemistry, and English Lit A

SL Maths, Chinese Lang B, Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a second year student actually :smile:

No ofc not, I don't mind

HL Biology, Chemistry, and English Lit A

SL Maths, Chinese Lang B, Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOAH, nice options. damn u picked chinese good luck mate XD
WOAH, nice options. damn u picked chinese good luck mate XD

Hahaha, Thank you! Good luck on your IB journey as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha, Thank you! Good luck on your IB journey as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, you too :smile:

good luck on ur last year and hope u pass with flying colours

(im so nice lol)
Thanks, you too :smile:

good luck on ur last year and hope u pass with flying colours

(im so nice lol)

People need to be more nice while taking the IB because out of stress must come kindness :smile: I hope you get your desired predicted grades so you can apply to the unis and courses that you want to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
People need to be more nice while taking the IB because out of stress must come kindness :smile: I hope you get your desired predicted grades so you can apply to the unis and courses that you want to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.
M8 idk wats wrong with me I'm just super nice today like its not normal, not that i aint nice all the time.
Thanks.
M8 idk wats wrong with me I'm just super nice today like its not normal, not that i aint nice all the time.

Bruv it's what life does to you :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bruv it's what life does to you :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. i feel like these are symptoms of IB taking over
True. i feel like these are symptoms of IB taking over

:rofl: I was particularly happy at school for the last few weeks which has been awesome but also feeling kind of insane sometimes xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending