Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagowly)
    Robin - i'm only going by whats been given here in our pack. There seems to be a bit of confusion by this exercise from pre IOT 10. It MAY be to do with the overall size of the group.
    Steve
    Fair one Steve, to be fair, some peoples JIs did say that they needed to prepare one!

"Hello left hand, this is right hand!"

I had heard IOT 10 was due to be a big course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR29KHS)
    Although, didn't IOT 6 line up all their cars in colour and size order on the parade square car park just in case?
    It was IOT7 D flight aka Dunce Flight :P

ReputationRep:
    Cheers all. I might well just take it and leave it on the bike carrier on the car, although that might play havoc with the door hinge. I suspect (as is my approach to most of Cranwell prep so far) that I'd rather have it than not need/want it rather than vice versa...

Incidentally, for those on 10/11, the faff with your Fam visits and pre-prepared essays is likely due to the feedback from our batch of Fams, where we were asked if we'd prefer to write the thing in advance and agreed. TBH, it's really nothing to worry about either way.

ReputationRep:
    There's a bike shelter next to the Stn Barbers, but I think if IOT Cadets started filling it up SHQ might get a bit tetchy. I'm a fan of the car-mounted bike rack

ReputationRep:
    Trouble with that is that the carrier fits onto the spare wheel, onto the rear side-hinged door (it's a knackered old Land Rover)...

ReputationRep:
    If its a land rover you could fit the bike in the back!

ReputationRep:
    Well, yes, were it not for the fact that it's also doubling as a wardrobe and storage place for boxes/bags of stuff. That and while the bike is nothing special (it's the one that got me around at Uni for three years) it's *big*. I'm getting on for 6'4" and I have the saddle down towards as low as it can go.

ReputationRep:
    How much stuff are you taking to store in your car?

I'm female and im going with not too much extra bits!

In fact this happened at my OASC - 2 women with a normal smallish case each - loads of blokes with massive cases, bags, just in case items.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not taking much, but this bike is huge. If you're on 9 you'll see what I mean.

edited for too much innuendo!

ReputationRep:
    Please say it's one of these!
    Attached Images

• CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    some of us should get on msn at some point, we always seem to be hanging around at the same times.

ReputationRep:
    Time zone.... it's a killer. It's 1609 for me. I dread it when it goes past this hour as TSR becomes quiet, as does MSN... Facebook....
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm guessing western united states?

ReputationRep:
    Affirm. It's the only place 8 hours behind the UK. You can pretty much pinpoint the state as well

And now many people on TSR might even figure who I am... Oh well
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Well it's a pretty big state I lived in the eastern states for awhile. Are you travelling after uni?

I'm guessing OASC might take a wee bit longer to post things out to you.

ReputationRep:
    I've graduated. This is my home address LOL. Yup post takes anything from 3 to 21 days. My initial card took 5 days. I'm just hoping the other stuff doesn't arrive once I've left! Where did you live?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    It must be nice. I always fancied living out there. I love how the states is just a totally different culture to us, yet we're so similar to them. If that makes any sense at all.

I lived in NC for awhile. Been all over the eastern and southern states though. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    Bikes... to the States. Love it.

BH: you're right. I spent a few weeks in SC/NC a few years back. A real eye-opener for a somewhat sheltered, pre-Uni stude. I must admit to having an utter soft spot for (parts of) the US.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    You could always go back to NC on an exchange if you go fast jet.

ReputationRep:
    I love the US - sooo laid back! It's chill tastic.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.