Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd love an exchange tour, even better would be an exchange to USAFTPS/USNTPS or something like that...!

Of course I could also go ME, get C17 somehow and go to Charleston AFB, SC (which is a lovely town)...

ReputationRep:
    Exchange tour would be awesome.

A really good book, albeit a bit feminist as it's all about girls, but far from it if you get me, is 'Band of Sisters' which I happened to find in the World Affairs bit of Barnes & Noble. Very good read - detailing accounts of 10 or so US Military personnel - pilots, WSOs, soldiers - the lot while in Iraq and after. Not all happy endings sadly.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it to anyone. Have to say, the attitude the Americans have can easily be mistaken for arrogance but it certainly gets them places and does the job.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, don't get me started on the books, I'm already taking half a library to IOT.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA good job you have a large vehicle to store em in then! Or are you going to hitchup a small trailer? (Why don't you then you can lie your bike flat in it??)

ReputationRep:
    Did think about the trailer (I've got one knocking around somewhere).

ReputationRep:
    It's a good plan... superb duvet hiding place.

ReputationRep:
    Could also be a superb sleeping place with a duvet for all those 'night before CEMO inspection' moments...

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Why not just buy a camper van? What's the deal with duvets nowadays anyhoo, someone said that everyone was sleeping on sheets because it wasn't worth risking it with duvets?

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it there's a 'duvet inspection', which if you pass you get afforded duvet privileges. That's around the middle of Term II, so a few weeks into your CHOM experience.

ReputationRep:
    I keep a sleeping bag and a duvet in the boot normally - if we have car inspections im sunk!

ReputationRep:
    alternatively you could just sleep in your beds and get good at making them...?

ReputationRep:
    Someone was on about them in another thread - can't remember where now, but I too doubt their existance.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen or heard of one. My boxes in my room only got checked when the FS saw that they were falling to bits!

ReputationRep:
    they shouldn't be allowed to check your car unless they have police authority. When would you have time to clean it/sort it out anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I bet if you had a sweet car they would inspect it just to annoy you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagowly)
    they shouldn't be allowed to check your car unless they have police authority. When would you have time to clean it/sort it out anyway?
    Just make sure it's clean and has the vehicle pass displayed and nothing should happen. Unless you're taking the piss by having a 24pk of Stella on the dashboard! :P

ReputationRep:
    Or four pairs of CS95's ironed perfectly and folded up on the pax seat?

Might be investing in some suit carriers to hide my bootleg uniform business...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StormShadow)
    I bet if you had a sweet car they would inspect it just to annoy you.
    thats my worry at this rate i'll be taking the evo

ReputationRep:
    U own an evo????? so not fair!!! what one is it? pls don't say 10 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InaSpin)
    U own an evo????? so not fair!!! what one is it? pls don't say 10 lol
    a 6

here she is

sorry to hijack the thread :tsr2:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.