Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    v v niice. I was looking at getting a scooby or Evo to replace my bangar but don't have the dollah so i'm sticking with the bangar!!

ReputationRep:
    take it someone who's driven both to their limits... go for the evo, they are SO much fun

ReputationRep:
    sweet. i just want a faser car. i have a soft spot for scoobys and evos. also VR6s' and R32s... the new GTi is also a hot piece of car.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty - i was going to ask for a go at 10 but anything i say will come out sounding extremely dodgy

ReputationRep:
    IAS: stick to the studentmobile Fiesta, you know it makes sense.

Or alternatively, you can all buy sensible cars. That you can carry your life around in, and tow a tractor when the need arises.

AS, devotee of Solihull's finest...

ReputationRep:
    Yes AS, but your car only looks good if you have a pair of Hunters and a barbour on

Oh and the black lab in the boot!

At least my bonnet is intact

I figured that if i am successful, i'd rather have my **** car sat coninuing to rust outside No.1 and CHOM than a nice new car.... and I can use the nice car as a personal bribe/present! I'd rather see off my student loan first anyway... get in the black again!

ReputationRep:
    Hunters and Barbour already packed for Cranwell. Black lab hopefully on back issue and to be provided on Day 1 Week 1 of IOT.

ReputationRep:
    Pipe?

ReputationRep:
    OOOOhhhhh nonononono... can't have that. Might give someone else a tumour.

I'm wondering, now, whether to set the 'right' tone at IOT and turn up in the Barbour, asking about 'kennel provision' and whether one can get time off for a quick chukka or four...

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you're off to Cowdray for the weekend then off hunting. Take a shot gun as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonystude)
    OOOOhhhhh nonononono... can't have that. Might give someone else a tumour.

I'm wondering, now, whether to set the 'right' tone at IOT and turn up in the Barbour, asking about 'kennel provision' and whether one can get time off for a quick chukka or four...
    Fantastic - please do! We'll need a good laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InaSpin)
    Tell them you're off to Cowdray for the weekend then off hunting. Take a shot gun as well
    Funny as that might be, I don't think the DS would appreciate that little addition to the inspection locker, nor do I have any desire to 'do a Clarkson'.

Apparently The Man Himself turned up at the gate at Brize (?) to do some filming with a pair of shotguns in the 'boot' of his Range Rover. He was somewhat astounded when the gate guard expressed their level of disapproval via the means of loud shouting and the like...

Isis, I might not do that, but I could do the 'blazer jacket, red cords and cream yellow shirt' combo so fond of Cavalry regiment officers everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Isis, I might not do that, but I could do the 'blazer jacket, red cords and cream yellow shirt' combo so fond of Cavalry regiment officers everywhere.
    Nice Clarkson story

Guess the red cords outfit will have to do! Your on 10 right?

ReputationRep:
    Alas not...

ReputationRep:
    Alas not...
    Wonder why i thought you were....

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to do a 'cavalry' please don't forget the brown brogues!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that reminds me, I need to polish the jodhpurs before I leave. One must keep up standards, in adversity...

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes. I sometimes wish I was Army purely because some regiments get to wear SPURS with 5's. How cool is that.

Breeches darling, breeches. Jodphurs are sooo pony club

ReputationRep:
    I hate to be picky, but I wouldn't wear either jodhs OR breeches to play polo ... jeans are much more suitable ...

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, with a nice pair of chaps ontop. I hate jods. Used to ride in shorts and full chaps or jeans and half chaps. but then I'm a casual kind of person
    I used to ride in trainers and wellies too!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.