The Student Room Group

Should an international student transfer to another uni that secure a placement!

I am an international student studying pharmacy year 1 at Bath.
I was looking through all the threads and thinking should I transfer to UEA to continue my studies as it provides a pre-reg placement so I don't need to find placement on my own as the pre-reg placement at hospital or community pharmacy is so competitive.
Bath is a well-known and high ranking university so I think it has more opportunities than finding placement so I put Bath as my firm choice. (However,I think I am just too naive as pre-reg placement is hard to find among the local students so who will care about international students because the companies need to help them obtain visa to work abroad)
Therefore,I call UEA and Nottingham and see will they accept a transfer student and the answer is no!
They told me that if I want to study at their Uni and I need to apply year 1 again through ucas.
Pharmacy course at UEA and Nottingham including a placement year so I think it is better for international student to find a pre-reg placement right?
Do you guys think that I should apply UEA for year 1 again and give me a better chance to secure a pre-reg placement in future?I am really not too sure about will Bath help us to find a placement as there are too many pharmacy school in the UK.
Reply 1
You can try to contact University of Bradford if they can accept transfer student. They also have 5 -year course with pre- Registered placement ( Mpharm)

Quick Reply

Latest