Exam in january!!! Watch

anotheruserontsr
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Doing IAS Biology Edexcel, exam in afew haven't 'seriously' started yet. Don't know nothing and don't feel like studying. Have got all the resources I need. Don't know how I should do things!
HEEELP!
anotheruserontsr
HELLLLO?
johnTroy1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you want us to say? Get a study plan and try, or continue to slack and do poorly. Your choice not ours. Be patient!
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anotheruserontsr)
Doing IAS Biology Edexcel, exam in afew haven't 'seriously' started yet. Don't know nothing and don't feel like studying. Have got all the resources I need. Don't know how I should do things!
HEEELP!
I would say get 'into' studying first. It's easier to step up revision than suddenly going from no revision to hardcore revision. It's great that you have all the resources but before condensing it, try and learn it first. (Assuming you literally don't know anything)

Biology requires you to learn a lot of terms so, maybe, make a glossary or something. It will help you if you don't know anything because if you just go through genetics or something without knowing why it's important to refer to cell division, then you're basically learning everything with blanks inbetween.

Don't panic too much. While you need to understand that you don't have much time, just keep in mind that, at least, you have time.

Good luck

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar.
anotheruserontsr
(Original post by Firenze26)
I would say get 'into' studying first. It's easier to step up revision than suddenly going from no revision to hardcore revision. It's great that you have all the resources but before condensing it, try and learn it first. (Assuming you literally don't know anything)

Biology requires you to learn a lot of terms so, maybe, make a glossary or something. It will help you if you don't know anything because if you just go through genetics or something without knowing why it's important to refer to cell division, then you're basically learning everything with blanks inbetween.

Don't panic too much. While you need to understand that you don't have much time, just keep in mind that, at least, you have time.

Good luck

P.S.

Your grammer's not as bad as you think, really.
Thanks for the tips anyway.
By any chance did you do AS Biology? If so, what were your result and what did you do that you think made a difference?
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anotheruserontsr)
Your grammer's not as bad as you think, really.
Thanks for the tips anyway.
By any chance did you do AS Biology? If so, what were your result and what did you do that you think made a difference?
Haha, thanks.

Yeah I did AS. Hated some topics (basically half of the course) and I got a D in the end. 😅

I didn't actually do these during my revision. Although when I was actually doing these tips earlier in the course, I was hitting Low As and Bs during my assessments.

P.S.

anotheruserontsr
(Original post by Firenze26)
Haha, thanks.

Yeah I did AS. Hated some topics (basically half of the course) and I got a D in the end. 😅

I didn't actually do these during my revision. Although when I was actually doing these tips earlier in the course, I was hitting Low As and Bs during my assessments.

P.S.

You DON'T have horrible grammer LOL
Oh OK thanks
anotheruserontsr
(Original post by johnTroy1)
What do you want us to say? Get a study plan and try, or continue to slack and do poorly. Your choice not ours. Be patient!
Suggest a 'way' plz
e.g. by hour or by week or what?
johnTroy1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Set a day for each subject, set a certain amount of hours per day for said subject. That's the easy bit, sticking to it is the challenge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (14)
16.09%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (6)
6.9%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (16)
18.39%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (11)
12.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (11)
12.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (29)
33.33%

Watched Threads