DominiqueD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm applying to French courses, but some are called "French studies" and the others are just "French". The courses are basically the same, but I don't want to say "French studies" in case it's evident to the others that I'm more enthusiastic about one uni in particular. I'm told you shouldn't show any bias towards one course. Bit of a silly question but I just wanted to make sure.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DominiqueD)
I'm applying to French courses, but some are called "French studies" and the others are just "French". The courses are basically the same, but I don't want to say "French studies" in case it's evident to the others that I'm more enthusiastic about one uni in particular. I'm told you shouldn't show any bias towards one course. Bit of a silly question but I just wanted to make sure.
You never need to say what you are applying for. Unis already know, because they have received your application. So you do not need to write any sentence that starts "I am applying for..." or has a similar meaning.

You can say things like "I want to study French because" as there you are referring to the subject, rather than the course name.
DominiqueD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
You never need to say what you are applying for. Unis already know, because they have received your application. So you do not need to write any sentence that starts "I am applying for..." or has a similar meaning.

You can say things like "I want to study French because" as there you are referring to the subject, rather than the course name.
Ah brilliant ok thanks. I'll keep it like that then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (241)
57.66%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.68%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.61%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed