Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Don't feel bad! As I've said on another thread... the young kids who pass A-levels (ect) have been taught from a young age by there parents, only have one subject to concentrate on, dont have much of a social life and dont have to worry about all this extra curricular stuff to get into uni
    True, some of those kids have probably been fed private tutoring, but then again you do get the occasional genius who you can only simply admire.

ReputationRep:
    What would you say is harder to get an A at A level in- maths (edexcel) or physics (OCR)?

I ask this because I'm awaiting my AS results and I am 99% sure I have done heaps better in AS Phys than AS Maths. I was initially planning on dropping Phys and continuing maths to A2 (simply becuase I enjoy it more). Hmm but I will have a better chance of getting an A in Phys I think..bah dunno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    What would you say is harder to get an A at A level in- maths (edexcel) or physics (OCR)?
    I dont do maths...but I'd definately say OCR physics (but that's only because I messed up the pratical and the third paper :rolleyes: )

I don't know whether to drop psych or physics.... I guess all you can do is look at what the uni wants, and wait till results day (only 13-ish days away...where does the time go?)

ReputationRep:
    Btw way ppl, how do u get ur results?...some of u mentioned post....
    I so far have recieved mine by going to my school on the thrusday morning and collecting it from there.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    I so far have recieved mine by going to my school on the thrusday morning and collecting it from there.... :confused:
    That's what I do too. The school are a bit particular about posting them and will only do so if absolutely necessary. They will also not give results over the phone to anyone but you i.e. not your parents.

ReputationRep:
    when's the real official date for AS results to come out? my school says 23rd... but i guess its earlier than that like last yr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley)
    when's the real official date for AS results to come out? my school says 23rd... but i guess its earlier than that like last yr

19th August 2004

ReputationRep:
    At my school you can go in and collect them, but if you don't then they post them to you the next day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to forget about them until the day we get them. Otherwise I'll just be building up this thing about getting amazing results and if I don't get them, I'll just feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    At my school you can go in and collect them, but if you don't then they post them to you the next day.
    same at my school as well

ReputationRep:
    I just cant believe how quickly the time is going lately :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychBrainiac)
    I just cant believe how quickly the time is going lately :rolleyes:

quickly :eek: it seems like that i have beenb waiting for a year and have to wait another two years until 19th august every week seems like a year

ReputationRep:
    I get my results by going into school, although i could wait to have them posted to me the next day, but it would be horrible with all my friends and everyone on here already knowing theirs and not me!

ReputationRep:
    This might've been covered but...

What's everyone planning to do after they get their results? Me and my friends already have it planned because one of them's got a free house so we're basically gonna celebrate by getting absolutely smashed/drown our sorrows!

I might go into town for a bit too seeing as everyone else will probably be about and I'd like to see a bunch of people who've been on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie)
    This might've been covered but...

What's everyone planning to do after they get their results? Me and my friends already have it planned because one of them's got a free house so we're basically gonna celebrate by getting absolutely smashed/drown our sorrows!

I might go into town for a bit too seeing as everyone else will probably be about and I'd like to see a bunch of people who've been on holiday.

Whether I get 4As or 4Fs, definately a massive night out in London getting smashed with 14 of my best friends!!!

ReputationRep:
    24 days left till the AS and A level results... :eek:
    Post here ur thoughts, worries, encouragements etc..to help urself and others...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!
    I'm terrified! Well...i know i've messed up the Physics exam, but hopefully, I'll have got good grades for Economics,I.C.T., and Maths. Keyword.."Hopefully"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Whether I get 4As or 4Fs, definately a massive night out in London getting smashed with 14 of my best friends!!!
    4 F's? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    4 F's? lol
    Yeah, I know they say you can't get Fs, but I reckon they'll give some to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Yeah, I know they say you can't get Fs, but I reckon they'll give some to me!
    Nah no way youll easy get 4As. If I can anyone can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Nah no way youll easy get 4As. If I can anyone can!
    Heh, I live in hope!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.