Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pre-Results Thread!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    they have a weird formula so the raw mark you get gets translated to a UMS mark, so for example in maths, papers are out of 75, but a translated (not uniformly) to a mark out of 100. To get an A you need 80/100 UMS so the exam board will work out the lowest candidate to get into their 'quota' and give them 80 UMS......etc

ReputationRep:

i had a nasty dream last night!

i got my results but they were crap !

BCD or something! (crap considering im aiming for AAAa)

ReputationRep:
    oooo dear goodness i am absolutely positively bricking it.......has anybody had the dream yet where they open their results and they've literally JUST MISSED their offer, and the course is so competitive, they don't get accepted anyway? I dreamt I had to queue in big scary communist queues before being told by a crabby old woman that I wasn't wanted.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    it's slowly sinking in now, now that other people have got their results. feels so weird remembering alevel results days that i watched on gmtv years ago. i used to think "wonder if that'll be me one day....." AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Do you think i could go into hibernation between now and next thursday?
    My friends are planning a pre-results barbecue and a post-results wasting session.....don't know if either are a particularly good idea...

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream where I opened the envelope and there wasn't anything in it. Just empty. And then I woke up...

Mind you, I had one before I sat my GCSE's where I went into the exam hall and there wasn't a chair for me so i had to do an exam sitting on the floor...

I guess I'm just weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)

i had a nasty dream last night!

i got my results but they were crap !

BCD or something! (crap considering im aiming for AAAa)
    i had a realy bad dream about my gcse results two nights ago
    it doesn't really make sense al my grades were e and f's and at the bottom there was a thick black line abd below that there were 3 subjects (one was maths) and it said o got level 5?? :confused: .........now i'm even more upset!

ReputationRep:
    i'm v. scared about my a level results
    i bet everyone on here is going to get fantabulous results as well and make me feel worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackberry)
    i bet everyone on here is going to get fantabulous results as well and make me feel worse
    Don't worry, hon. We're all in the same scary boat! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalbeagle)
    Don't worry, hon. We're all in the same scary boat! xx

im not im in yacht!

ReputationRep:
    I had one fo those results dreams last night. I got a 2Es and one U

Mind you I did get a B in Economics, but then I'm hoping for an A so even that was little dissapointing

ReputationRep:
    i had a dream last night that i got 4 D's. i correct...i had a nightmare.
    it was horrible, and everybody else was coming out with all A's and one person even got an A*!
    i dont think i'll open my results. i'll leave them. or better still burn them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i had a dream last night that i got 4 D's. i correct...i had a nightmare.
    it was horrible, and everybody else was coming out with all A's and one person even got an A*!
    i dont think i'll open my results. i'll leave them. or better still burn them...
    u waitin for results too?!! i thought u were past this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by integral_neo)
    u waitin for results too?!! i thought u were past this
    i told you you guessed wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackberry)
    Dont worry, I for one am pretty much prepared for my insurance at BCC as I wont get into my first, in fact I probably wont even be able to scrape a BCC now!! And the fact that everyone on here seems to be aiming for at least an A and 2 B's (most of which will get the grades based on the scottish results thread) makes me feel depressed as well!

ReputationRep:
    Its so weird hearing everyone having these dreams last night. I had one too!!!! I think mine was due to reading all the scottish members comments last night coz it was their results day today. In my dream i woke up in the middle of the night and opened up my front door for some reason and there was this huge envelope with Edexcel and OCR written in big letters on the front. I opened the envelope and instead of grades for each subject i had ticks in different headings like satisfactory, not bad, bad and excellent. It was so strange.
    There's still 9 days to go and i really cannot stand the nerves. i keep picturing the different outcomes. And then i come on here and wafffle on and no one stops me so sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    There's still 9 days to go and i really cannot stand the nerves. i keep picturing the different outcomes. And then i come on here and wafffle on and no one stops me so sorry.
    stop waffling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    stop waffling
    Cheers!!! Sorry bout that. So wot results u waiting for? And i take u aint as nervous as me no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    Dont worry, I for one am pretty much prepared for my insurance at BCC as I wont get into my first, in fact I probably wont even be able to scrape a BCC now!! And the fact that everyone on here seems to be aiming for at least an A and 2 B's (most of which will get the grades based on the scottish results thread) makes me feel depressed as well!
    Some of the scots are uber-geniuses *cough* magicalsausage *cough*
    If it's any consolationg my friends are getting BBCC or CCCC and things like that. One didn't even get any highers/
    {hugs tiger shark}

Dreams about exams are waaaaay scary. Hence the reason I'm so tired today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Cheers!!! Sorry bout that. So wot results u waiting for? And i take u aint as nervous as me no?
    A2s... man im petrified!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.