Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pre-Results Thread!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This time next week the worst possible would've happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... :eek: :eek:

God help us all!..
    Good Luck once more everyone!

Rose xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I've noticed that on most those things the students always get quite good results. If I did one of those things, I'd pretend that I was really confident of getting 4 As and then when I'd open the envelope I'd pretend I'd got 4 Us and burst out crying, possibly fall to the ground. Overall, be reaaaaaaaallly melodramatic. I mean thats good TV isn't it?
    Yeah they do always seem to have people with great results like straight As. They must know beforehand i reckon. There was this guy on the radio the other day and he was like *opens envelope* -> "i got 5 As." No emotion or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Yeah they do always seem to have people with great results like straight As. They must know beforehand i reckon. There was this guy on the radio the other day and he was like *opens envelope* -> "i got 5 As." No emotion or anything.
    The worst part is having to watch these people on Tv before you've collected your own results.

ReputationRep:
    I was on tv last year and knew my results. They got 10 people in and we all got our results and then the tv people chose four people to interview. It was really fixed. We didn't have an envelope for our results so the deputy head had to get some to please the camera man.

ReputationRep:
    It is a long time ago but four years ago they had three kids from a boarding school on Sky News who obviously didn't know their results. They got to the last one, who 'thought he'd done well' and opened them, said '****' and then just ran off from the live camera crew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    I was on tv last year and knew my results. They got 10 people in and we all got our results and then the tv people chose four people to interview. It was really fixed. We didn't have an envelope for our results so the deputy head had to get some to please the camera man.
    What programme were you on?

ReputationRep:
    East Midlands news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Ah, the greatness of the E&M course - Management rocks :cool: Which is exactly what makes it better (in my very humble opinion) than Economics at Cambridge, even though it has Political Science/Economic History in the Fens.

Although I can re-sit and bump everything up to AAAA, I'll still seem a worse candidate than those with AAAA originally at AS. And don't even talk about Maths exams...I'm relying on P1/S1 to be close enough to 100% for M1 not to matter.

And in reponse to whoever asked me what I'm taking onto AS/A2:

AS: Maths, Chemistry, Economics and German (Further Maths, Critical Thinking in Year 13)
    A2: Maths, Further Maths, Economics and German. Currently doing A2 Maths during the summer (almost finished P3!) in order to do Further Maths in September.

Sigh. And I'm ill too. Oh well, at least I can drown in the Olympics and stupid amounts of Maths to take mind off results.
    I really hope you do well- you SO obviously want to do E&M for the ACTUAL COURSE! I think you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    It is a long time ago but four years ago they had three kids from a boarding school on Sky News who obviously didn't know their results. They got to the last one, who 'thought he'd done well' and opened them, said '****' and then just ran off from the live camera crew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    That's what I was thinking!

I know its evil to find it funny, but I can't help it

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to be interviewed nationally, or even locally, like you did tom... my results are a bit of private happiness (or grief) for me, and I don't wanna share em with the world lol... if they ask me to be interviewed I'll decline strrraight away...

But I'm crappin it, really really crappin it...

ReputationRep:
    Well- we knew our results, i basically had to because I received a letter for my English. I'm so nervous for next week, I've basically been a foul mood today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    That's what I was thinking!

I know its evil to find it funny, but I can't help it
    If you'd seen how smug he was before you would- and the camera actualy zoned out so you could how far he ran away! Pure class.

ReputationRep:
    i'm just fed up with the waiting....it still feels like a long way away to me. I think tuesday evening is where it will kick on, and things will change from annoyance and frustration to anxiety and nervousness.

ReputationRep:
    *goes to sleep for six days*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by integral_neo)
    *goes to sleep for six days*
    I wish. I can't sleep at all at the moment And i'm only waiting for AS results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I wish. I can't sleep at all at the moment And i'm only waiting for AS results!
    *pledges everyone not to wake him up* *back to sleep*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by integral_neo)
    *pledges everyone not to wake him up* *back to sleep*
    i wish i could do the same.i will toss and turn so much on wednesday night- i'l go in on thursday feeling more sick than i feel now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i wish i could do the same.i will toss and turn so much on wednesday night- i'l go in on thursday feeling more sick than i feel now
    let me sleep plzz... hopefully when i wake up in 6 days time i will be feelin much better... *back to sleep*

ReputationRep:
    My life this week

12th august, bike-ride
    13th august, cousin's bday
    14th august, our independence day
    15th august, our neighbours' independence day
    16th august, ****...
    17th august, ****... :mad:
    18th august, all-nighter, awake, worryin... :confused:
    19th august, make-or-break or :eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.