Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    I can understand the year 13 students' getting stressed... but AS students- just no!
    Dude,you get stressed even during the daily school marks,and AS is one of the things that will allow you to go to a decent university,so I think it's almost as important as A2 therefore As student is allowed to panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    Dude,you get stressed even during the daily school marks,and AS is one of the things that will allow you to go to a decent university,so I think it's almost as important as A2 therefore As student is allowed to panic
    I agree, but I think 'panic' is too strong a word. You can at least resit - it's not as if they DECIDE YOUR ENTIRE FUTURE AAAAAAH!!!

please excuse me I need to go sit down....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    I agree, but I think 'panic' is too strong a word. You can at least resit - it's not as if they DECIDE YOUR ENTIRE FUTURE AAAAAAH!!!

please excuse me I need to go sit down....
    resits sucks,they waste time,last year I did resit to IGCSE chemistry I got a C and wanted a better mark,and I missed alot of the As subjects,which were basics I could follow inother subjects but had a really hard time to follow in chemistry ,I missed the whole chapter 3 of unit one,and didn't have a privite time with my chemistry teacher so that she could explain it all over for me,also I had to spend some to cope with physics unit 1,it was really hard

ReputationRep:
    not everyone is you

Good luck to all those awaiting A level results.I'm awaiting GCSE results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maz_superstar)
    Good luck to all those awaiting A level results.I'm awaiting GCSE results.
    GCSEs? aww..feels like ages ago I did those! :rolleyes: You have to wait a little longer though don't you? Are you confident about your results?
    My little sister is going to do her GCSEs next year!
    Goodluck anyway!

(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    GCSEs? aww..feels like ages ago I did those! :rolleyes: You have to wait a little longer though don't you? Are you confident about your results?
    My little sister is going to do her GCSEs next year!
    Goodluck anyway!
    Yep I have to wait till the 26th unfortunatly.Im confident about some of my results like English,Science and Electronics though im not so confident about my German and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3565632.stm

Poor guys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)

Poor guys...
    This would help colleges differentiate between the growing numbers of equally well-qualified students

UCAS spokesperson
    Last year 21.6% of A-level students got the top grade and the number is expected to be higher when this year's pupils get their results on Thursday.
    that kinda reassures me

ReputationRep:

Poor guys...
    Poor who...the universities or the students?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really feeling quite unconfident. I have a conditional from loughborough to study aeronautical engineering, which is AAB, but they're let me in on BBB on the BEng and then i can transfer up to MEng, if i get a 2.1 after the first or second year, can't remember which.

The problem is i came out of most of my important exams feeling *excuse the french* ****. I had a ***** of an OCR P3, and then M2 i really don't know how i did. D1 was fine tho.

Physics was ok on one paper, i fecked the practical i think, and the other paper was sorta ok.

Music Tech i don't really need to worry about, i'm pretty sorted for a minimum B as my coursework was a strong entry.

The other problem, is that i have a scholarship from the RAF, and if i fail to get to uni, i lose my scholarship, a future place as an engineering officer in the RAF, and a possible large sum of dosh to keep me happy through uni.

Hence, or otherwise, i, in the politest possible way, am bricking it, and have thoroughly got my big brown trousers on.

I really want to get to uni, as i'm sure does everyone else who's applied, and i'm not quite sure on what i should do if i fail to meet my conditional offer. So in a nutshell, what should i take on results day, obviously a phone, and contact numbers, but anything else, any details?

Thanks all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting kinda nervous now...was fine until that clock in my head went DONG! Only a week to go (on Thurs). Now I try not to think about it. Can't help analysing the exams, and keep coming to the conclusion that they all went not-too-badly. Nevertheless, it's hard not to feel slightly anxious.

ReputationRep:
    OMG...the uni's have our results and are making decisions already before we know what we've got.......well thats what i think but i might not have been reading the post thoroughly :P

ReputationRep:
    Yup tis true

ReputationRep:
    yup, receiving our results today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_greeny)
    The other problem, is that i have a scholarship from the RAF, and if i fail to get to uni, i lose my scholarship, a future place as an engineering officer in the RAF, and a possible large sum of dosh to keep me happy through uni.

I know how you feel. I'm just goign throught the selection process for a 6th form scholarship and am already worrying about what will happen if I don't get into med school.

ReputationRep:
    i do french, chem, bio and maths (and general studies but that doesnt count) at AS level. i'm aiming for 3 As and a B (although 4 As would be great)

i'm not bothered at all about french, and i think i might get an A, but, as i said i'm not bothered.

maths and chem went absolutely fine, and i expect As, especially in maths.

now, biology. that's the one i'm most worried about. it sounds bad, because i know a lot of my friends would be happy with a B, but i really really want an A. i want to do medicine at nottingham uni, and i wont get in without an A. i'm so scared. i'm not the sort that would normally stress over results...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winged_hippo)
    i do french, chem, bio and maths (and general studies but that doesnt count) at AS level. i'm aiming for 3 As and a B (although 4 As would be great)

i'm not bothered at all about french, and i think i might get an A, but, as i said i'm not bothered.

maths and chem went absolutely fine, and i expect As, especially in maths.

now, biology. that's the one i'm most worried about. it sounds bad, because i know a lot of my friends would be happy with a B, but i really really want an A. i want to do medicine at nottingham uni, and i wont get in without an A. i'm so scared. i'm not the sort that would normally stress over results...
    You sound as though you've done fine and are possibly worrying unnecessarily. Even if you didn't get the A you're after in Bio, you could always work extra hard to make sure you bring it up the required grade for A level.

ReputationRep:

Poor guys...
    "The University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) wants to allow colleges to see a breakdown of the individual modules that make up the grade...The change would start applying to students beginning courses next year."
    "Under the new system, some high-profile colleges could insist on A grades in each of the six modules that make up the exam mark." :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikki J S)
    I know how you feel. I'm just goign throught the selection process for a 6th form scholarship and am already worrying about what will happen if I don't get into med school.
    Hey good luck!! selection is a fantastic experience, you meet some great friendly people there, make sure you're on ure best behavior!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.