Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    "The University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) wants to allow colleges to see a breakdown of the individual modules that make up the grade...The change would start applying to students beginning courses next year."
    "Under the new system, some high-profile colleges could insist on A grades in each of the six modules that make up the exam mark." :eek:
    nononononononononononono!

This is horrible. I really hope they don't go through with it.

I need to lie down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    "The University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) wants to allow colleges to see a breakdown of the individual modules that make up the grade...The change would start applying to students beginning courses next year."
    "Under the new system, some high-profile colleges could insist on A grades in each of the six modules that make up the exam mark." :eek:
    Oh geez.. that's terrible!!! My poor brother.

ReputationRep:
    If you lot feel this way now how in the world are you going to handle the journey to college or when you've got the envelope n your hand? My journey to college is a 20 minute walk so I'm going to have to get someone to come with me to talk and take my mind off things because I'm one of those people that start to feel like all their organs are rearranging themselves in your body!
    Oh the horror!

I'm new here, so be nice.

Just saying good luck to everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 2 weeks after results day its back to school for me. I havn't done my coursework yet oops. But its hard to start working when results are constantly on the mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    As nasty as it might sound, if they are having difficulty discriminating between the best, then surely it is better to lose a place over your marks, rather than the toss of a coin

The top universities only have so many places. If the numbers of people getting AAAa is larger than that then they need to work out another way of determining who gets in. Interviews are a good tool, but are expensive to run, as you are taking rooms away from conferences, and staff away from research.

(Original post by Ramaya)
    Exactly 2 weeks after results day its back to school for me. I havn't done my coursework yet oops. But its hard to start working when results are constantly on the mind.
    You have coursework to do over the summer holidays? Are you going from AS to A2 level, I only just did my GCSE's and don't really know much about what lies ahead for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I'm new here, so be nice.

Just saying good luck to everybody!

Welcome to UKL. Just remember 411 is the best UKL member

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    You have coursework to do over the summer holidays? Are you going from AS to A2 level, I only just did my GCSE's and don't really know much about what lies ahead for me.
    Yep the joys of biology. Counting and doing statistical tests on fun plant species found in a meadow. Yep its the transition from AS to A2.
    What are you taking at AS? I found them better than GCSEs personally because i could drop all the evil boring subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    The journey ahead is long and hard

Anyway, hey they, good luck with your GCSE results. What AS level have you choosen?

(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Welcome to UKL. Just remember 411 is the best UKL member
    Oh ok then, I'll worship you in that case.

Yep the joys of biology. Counting and doing statistical tests on fun plant species found in a meadow. Yep its the transition from AS to A2.
    What are you taking at AS? I found them better than GCSEs personally because i could drop all the evil boring subjects
    May I just say your avatar is brilliant, not the one you can see when you post, but the big profile one.

lol! Wow, it sounds riviting, you poor person, no wonder you've put it off for so long, but at lest you'll be getting outside, something I need to do more often. I'll say my AS subjects in the next quote, oh and I agree; I'm so happy about never having to do maths or french again, bless AS's.

(Original post by LS.)
    The journey ahead is long and hard

Anyway, hey they, good luck with your GCSE results. What AS level have you choosen?
    I don't mind working hard, I'll be alright. Thanks for wishing me luck, it might sound arrogant but I think I'll be ok, except in french maybe, but that's not important to me.

I'm going to be doing Law, sociology, history and physics. I hope nobody laughs at me because of the first two, (I hate people who accuse everything of being a poor subject.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    May I just say your avatar is brilliant, not the one you can see when you post, but the big profile one.

lol! Wow, it sounds riviting, you poor person, no wonder you've put it off for so long, but at lest you'll be getting outside, something I need to do more often. I'll say my AS subjects in the next quote, oh and I agree; I'm so happy about never having to do maths or french again, bless AS's.

I don't mind working hard, I'll be alright. Thanks for wishing me luck, it might sound arrogant but I think I'll be ok, except in french maybe, but that's not important to me.

I'm going to be doing Law, sociology, history and physics. I hope nobody laughs at me because of the first two, (I hate people who accuse everything of being a poor subject.)
    Hehe the avatar in my profile is quite strange but cute.
    I was quite overjoyed never having to do maths or ENGLISH again(never ever ever was good at english).
    I think your choices are very good, and i'm taking sociology AS next year too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I won't laugh at the first two, but I will laugh at the last. Physics is such a wonderful subject :rolleyes: Actually, it can be quite fun if you have decent teachers - but it can be difficult.

Hehe the avatar in my profile is quite strange but cute.
    I was quite overjoyed never having to do maths or ENGLISH again(never ever ever was good at english).
    I think your choices are very good, and i'm taking sociology AS next year too
    Strange is good, I love it, I might even 'rep you for it. (Yeah, I read the FAQ.)

I agree, english isn't a very good subject, I was ok at it, I'm hoping for A's in them, maybe even A* but I don't find it very fun, it's a lot more...can't think of how to describe it but writing an essay in history is much better.

(Original post by LS.)
    I won't laugh at the first two, but I will laugh at the last. Physics is such a wonderful subject Actually, it can be quite fun if you have decent teachers - but it can be difficult.
    Well, I was good at it at GCSE, and I know it will get much harder, but it's worth a try - if I do find it hard I can drop it and carry on with the other three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Strange is good, I love it, I might even 'rep you for it. (Yeah, I read the FAQ.)

I agree, english isn't a very good subject, I was ok at it, I'm hoping for A's in them, maybe even A* but I don't find it very fun, it's a lot more...can't think of how to describe it but writing an essay in history is much better.
    Aww hehe
    You sound as if your set for good GCSE results. Still a wait unfortunatley for them.
    I really liked physocs but didn't do it for AS. Techers have that ability of ruining any subject they want by poor teaching *cough* biology *cough*

Aww hehe
    You sound as if your set for good GCSE results. Still a wait unfortunatley for them.
    I really liked physocs but didn't do it for AS. Techers have that ability of ruining any subject they want by poor teaching *cough* biology *cough*
    It says that a grey gem worth nothing is given when they're new, so I wont rep you. How many days does it take until my rep is worth something?

I'm hopinh for quite a few A's or A*'s, but I will have B's and maybe a C or two as well, I'm not hyper intelligent or anything.

Next year I'm going to a sixth form where my dad and step-mum teach, so they can make sure I get all the best teachers, which is good news. In fact my dad is going to teach me in law. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Next year I'm going to a sixth form where my dad and step-mum teach, so they can make sure I get all the best teachers, which is good news. In fact my dad is going to teach me in law. :eek:
    That sounds great! You're gonna enjoy A Levels if you've got great teachers. Good luck for your GCSEs too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    It says that a grey gem worth nothing is given when they're new, so I wont rep you. How many days does it take until my rep is worth something?

I'm hopinh for quite a few A's or A*'s, but I will have B's and maybe a C or two as well, I'm not hyper intelligent or anything.

i think its when you get to 300 posts or something nowadays. You have to be congratulated for reading the FAQ!
    Be sure to let us know how those results turn out.
    And thats quite good about your sixth form, you can get alot of extra help if you need it! Very useful!

(Original post by lilsunflower)
    That sounds great! You're gonna enjoy A Levels if you've got great teachers. Good luck for your GCSEs too
    Oh thank you, I don't need everybody to wish me luck, I'm not actually very worried about it.

I hope the next couple of years will be good, I don't know anybody there though because all my friends are staying at my old schools sixth form, and I'm leaving so I'll be all alone.

i think its when you get to 300 posts or something nowadays. You have to be congratulated for reading the FAQ!
    Be sure to let us know how those results turn out.
    And thats quite good about your sixth form, you can get alot of extra help if you need it! Very useful!
    Oh it's done on posts and not forum time, so in theory I could be repping you later today? I doubt that somewhat though.

Did you rep me for reading the FAQ then because I have 10 points, if so thank you.

I will tell you about the results if I see you around, and yes it is good, if I'm set hard law homework my dad can pratically do it for me, not to mention the courework!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.