Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    just get well soon, and trust i dont know you that well but i still think you will come out with the results that you need... think positive
    Thanks....its just that I can't imagine how bad I'll feel if I let my teacher and parents down!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I woke up feeling sick because of results this morning. It is horrid.

MB

ReputationRep:
    this thread is full of drama queens... :rolleyes:
    oh come on people its only results dont worry be happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    this thread is full of drama queens... :rolleyes:
    Everyones results will fit into one of the following

Better than they should have got
    Fair representation of their ability
    Worse than they should have got

If your results are better or fair, then there is no point worrying about them. If you have overstretched in your choice of Universities, there are bound to be some courses in clearing, or you could cool-off for a year, earn some much needed money, and apply knowing your results. Unconditional offers are so much less stressful.

If your results don't do you justice, then you need to consider why, and re-sit if appropriate.

If you were expecting AAA, and holding an Oxbridge offer, and then you achieve EEN or something, then you need to work out why, and most probably re-sit, rather than rushing off to say The University of Neasden (as mentioned in Private Eye)

What happens, happens. It is not the end of the world whatever results you achieve.
    Go outside, do something, anything to stop you staring at this thread and counting down the seconds till your school/college releases them.

(Original post by dave134)
    Everyones results will fit into one of the following

Better than they should have got
    Fair representation of their ability
    Worse than they should have got

If your results are better or fair, then there is no point worrying about them. If you have overstretched in your choice of Universities, there are bound to be some courses in clearing, or you could cool-off for a year, earn some much needed money, and apply knowing your results. Unconditional offers are so much less stressful.

If your results don't do you justice, then you need to consider why, and re-sit if appropriate.

If you were expecting AAA, and holding an Oxbridge offer, and then you achieve EEN or something, then you need to work out why, and most probably re-sit, rather than rushing off to say The University of Neasden (as mentioned in Private Eye)

What happens, happens. It is not the end of the world whatever results you achieve.
    Go outside, do something, anything to stop you staring at this thread and counting down the seconds till your school/college releases them.
    Hear hear, good post; much better than the one directly above it which isn't really going to help anyone. Personally the results don't worry me in the slightest but I urge all the people who are worried to relax, even in the worst case scenario there will be options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    Only results?! Excuse me? *Throws a tantrum*

From Drama Queen and Co.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Personally the results don't worry me in the slightest but I urge all the people who are worried to relax, even in the worst case scenario there will be options.
    NO! Failure is NOT an option for me.
    Well it is...

Though that would be fairly depressing and warrant a visit to the now infamous here 'Orwell Bridge' where I will cast myself away and free from this strife...(that, or I redo modules/end up in some dead end job )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)

From Drama Queen and Co.
    hey hey relax..

ReputationRep:

From Drama Queen and Co.
    Haha! It's only my whole entire future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    same for me...but the exams are over and nothing can change wot u get so dont need to worry just relax and see wot u get if not good then try something else there are always options avalaible u just need to be strategic and have patience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    *Cries* Hex-actly.

ReputationRep:
    *Cries* Hex-actly.
    dont worry ur wait will be over on 19th and u will smile so much that ur jaws will hurt...

ReputationRep:
    Ive been asked to be interview by SKY TV tmrrw bout those who are expecting gd grades but dont have a backup uni.

Anyone else doing that too?

Also can any one answer whether the school wud have my results already.

It wud seem a bit harsh to be interview and then to find i didnt get the grades..wat do u think?? please help

ty

ReputationRep:
    *Cries*

(Original post by LifeWired)
    NO! Failure is NOT an option for me.
    Well it is...

Though that would be fairly depressing and warrant a visit to the now infamous here 'Orwell Bridge' where I will cast myself away and free from this strife...(that, or I redo modules/end up in some dead end job )
    Well...it's not worth killing yourself over; nothing you can do about it now so just face it, and try to be optimistic, stop ruining your summer holiday everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Well...it's not worth killing yourself over; nothing you can do about it now so just face it, and try to be optimistic, stop ruining your summer holiday everybody.
    I have ice cream in the freezer...no wait, I don't, great :mad:
    There's not long left, the anticipation is building, blood vessels are exploding...

ReputationRep:
    Not long now people

ReputationRep:
    FFGBTHGBVNIFJGFFNIAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is all I can say.

(Original post by LifeWired)
    I have ice cream in the freezer...no wait, I don't, great :mad:
    There's not long left, the anticipation is building, blood vessels are exploding...
    lol! Can't even eat your way out of this mess, oh dear. Want to know my secret to not worry about these results? *Finishes packet of marshmallows*

It's not long now though, maybe you'll have some blood vessels left; I have to wait until the 26th - it could be worse.

*Cries*
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    *cries*
    Do we need a group hug here?

ReputationRep:
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. :eek:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.