Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    feeeeeelingggggggggggg extremelyyyyyyyyyyy nervous, anxious and also don't want to know what my grades!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bring It On

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh! all the waiting is hurting me sooooooooooooo much inside!

I have read all the harry potter books and passed my theory! and now i have nothing to do but wait!

help! i just want to know where i stand! my future is on the line!

good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    arrgh its well soon now :s dunno what i feel i think i want to knw then im scared of opening them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med115)
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh! all the waiting is hurting me sooooooooooooo much inside!

I have read all the harry potter books and passed my theory! and now i have nothing to do but wait!

help! i just want to know where i stand! my future is on the line!

good luck everyone!
    To help me pass time, I'm going to watch the England match tommorrow night. Hopefully that should keep my mind of it.

ReputationRep:
    Watch the olympics grandstand from 10.35 tomorrow untill 12, that will pass about a good hour and a half
    i know it isnt exactly the funnest thing ever but hey better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharma)
    Watch the olympics grandstand from 10.35 tomorrow untill 12, that will pass about a good hour and a half
    i know it isnt exactly the funnest thing ever but hey better than nothing
    tis a good idea actually, i was watching the gymnastics before kills so much time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    tis a good idea actually, i was watching the gymnastics before kills so much time
    LOL same the gymnasts were pretty impressive
    the girls all looked so young

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharma)
    LOL same the gymnasts were pretty impressive
    the girls all looked so young
    they are, especially the chinese!! they've all been trained since they were tots though, some of them younger than me- i think one of them was 14!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sleeping well at the moment it is horrible. There is just so much pressure. If I don't get the results I need on thursday I have to rethink my entire future. It is horrible. I just want to know already good or bad because then atleast I know where I stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    they are, especially the chinese!! they've all been trained since they were tots though, some of them younger than me- i think one of them was 14!
    I thought they had changed the rules so you had to be 16 to compete in the olympics?

Its probably fairly easy to bypass though. If your country wants to pass you off as 16, then they just print up a passport, ID card, Birth Certificate etc to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    I thought they had changed the rules so you had to be 16 to compete in the olympics?

Its probably fairly easy to bypass though. If your country wants to pass you off as 16, then they just print up a passport, ID card, Birth Certificate etc to that effect.

i dunno, maybe. and yeah it would be easy for some countries to do that. they'd do anything for one gold medal

ReputationRep:
    The commentators say they're 16/17, but some of them, especially the Chinese look like 13...I won't say anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I'm not sleeping well at the moment it is horrible. There is just so much pressure. If I don't get the results I need on thursday I have to rethink my entire future. It is horrible. I just want to know already good or bad because then atleast I know where I stand.
    I'm having loads of crazy dreams at the moments, but really I'm not feeling too panicky because I'm just waiting on As results and I have re-sits to fall back on. The worst thing is talking to my mates, they succeed in making me more nervous than I could ever manage by myself :rolleyes:

Ah well, soon we'll be put out of our misery...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i dunno, maybe. and yeah it would be easy for some countries to do that. they'd do anything for one gold medal
    I remember seeing a documentary on russain and chinese gymnasts and the training the put them through from such early ages. It was pretty harsh when you compare it to our PE lessons...

I thought the Chiese team were 16, 16, 17 and 18 - they did look really young though, one of them in particular, she was so sweet; I always get upset when I see somebody slip over in gymnastics.

The scoring is biased I think, somebody from China or Russia does all these amazing flips and stuff and land perfectly, and then they go, "oh no, that was easy, and their arm was bent a bit at this point - 9.1" Then the Americans do some basic looking swings and a little flip, and have a wobbley landing and they go, "Wow, that was really hard, and they made it look easy - 9.8" It's madness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I thought the Chiese team were 16, 16, 17 and 18 - they did look really young though, one of them in particular, she was so sweet; I always get upset when I see somebody slip over in gymnastics.

The scoring is biased I think, somebody from China or Russia does all these amazing flips and stuff and land perfectly, and then they go, "oh no, that was easy, and their arm was bent a bit at this point - 9.1" Then the Americans do some basic looking swings and a little flip, and have a wobbley landing and they go, "Wow, that was really hard, and they made it look easy - 9.8" It's madness!
    i know. did you see the 3rd chinese floor performance- it was spectacular, and they gave her a crap score for it
    having said that, one of the americans did an amazing dismount off the beam, no step back or anything required , and her routine had next to no visible flaws and she got a crap score. the judges are being weird this year i think

the chinese girl ........ great performance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)

yea 'tis truly madness. i think they score it randomly :P.

the girls look young i thought you could enter the olympics at any age tho.

(Original post by priya)
    i know. did you see the 3rd chinese floor performance- it was spectacular, and they gave her a crap score for it
    having said that, one of the americans did an amazing dismount off the beam, no step back or anything required , and her routine had next to no visible flaws and she got a crap score. the judges are being weird this year i think
    Yeah one American on the beam did well and got 9.4, I always try to predict it and think I am actually better than the judges, I doubt it, but I wouldn't make such stupid mistakes sometimes.

Yesterday in the male one some guy from Japan did an amazing one and got less then an American who messed up! I agree with you all, it's random.

(Oh and don't judge me on my grey gem... )

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.