The Student Room Group

How many final pieces in portfolio for BA Fine Art?

I'm curious and would like to know, how many final pieces did you or will you have for application for BA Fine Art degree course? Also how many sketchbooks did you include? I don't know if the requirements differs at different universities.
Original post by moon4
I'm curious and would like to know, how many final pieces did you or will you have for application for BA Fine Art degree course? Also how many sketchbooks did you include? I don't know if the requirements differs at different universities.

The requirements do differ quite substantially. Look at the websites of the universities you're interested in.

They will normally ask for somewhere between 6 and 10 pieces but you must check.
Original post by moon4

Some help here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132

In the initial shortlisting stages, universities will specify how many images to upload for the online mini-portfolios.
Original post by moon4

Hello! Although I didnt apply to fine art, I thought I might as well give you my portfolio in case it helps in any way, I made a video on it a week or so ago! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FHg8422pgA In terms of sketchbooks, take the ones you would be happy talking about the most and show off your ability to both create final pieces but also research and write! They dont just want final perfected pieces, they also want to see how you reached that point so make sure to include it! To be truthfully honest, the interviews and portfolio reviews are not as scary as you expect and you will be absoloutley fine. Any questions feel free to ask and I hope it all goes well! Good luck!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest